We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood places with good non seafood options

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood places with good non seafood options

My wife and I are driving from Boston to Bar Harbor in late August. I really like seafood but my wife dislikes all seafood. Is anyone aware of any good lobster pounds or anything similar that also have decent non seafood options?

We are staying one night in Portland and 2 nights in Boothbay Harbor. We'll be traveling along coast pretty much the whole way so any locations are appreciated. Only thing is we will not be eating between Boston and Portland since we will be making that drive between lunch and dinner.

Maine
Level Contributor
883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood places with good non seafood options

What you'll mostly find at the lobster pound type places will be chicken fingers, hamburgers and hot dogs for the non seafood options..

You can get a lobster dinner at any number of traditional restaurants that will have a more diverse menu also.

It's Maine so most (if not all) non-chain restaurants are going to get their seafood including lobster delivered daily so it's just as good as the lobster pound, you just have to eat a little neater :)

Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
172 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood places with good non seafood options

While Portland is literally awash with restaurants and it's simple to find one that serves a wide spectrum of well prepared and delicious menu items as well as lobster and fresh seafood, since you specifically mentioned a pound or pound type restaurant, I'd suggest the Drydock on Commercial street. It's a pub that wants to be a restaurant, you can dine waterside on the patio and it's reasonably priced.

Within the surrounding 4 blocks you'll find dozens of restaurants if you're feeling adventurous.

Maybe more info than you asked for, but you'll find lots to ponder here...

http://www.portlandfoodmap.com/index.html

3. Re: Seafood places with good non seafood options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15