We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland as a base and then...???

florida
Level Contributor
556 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Portland as a base and then...???

As per some suggestions we see on TA, we are considering using Portland as our base of operations as we make our way north to Bar Harbor. We were wondering if three nights in Portland is enough for us to day trip to Ogunquit and Kennebunkport, and still have time to see and enjoy Portland itself. Are we allotting enough time? Are we better off staying in Ogunquit for a couple of nights and then Portland for a couple of nights? We have the time to do this if it is a better plan. We leave next week so we would greatly appreciate your quick reply. Thank you.

PA
Level Contributor
843 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland as a base and then...???

I love Portland and we filled two days pretty quickly with just activities to do in Portland. I just read a post above yours with a great list of activities for Portland that I have saved and think would take multiple days. We certainly didn't do everything we would have liked in our short time.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of the other areas will reply. Enjoy Maine!

Maine
Level Contributor
846 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland as a base and then...???

I would day trip out of Portland to minimize the whole unpacking/packing hassle. Ogunquit and K'port can easily be done in one day unless you are shoppers and need time to poke around in all the shops.

3. Re: Portland as a base and then...???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16