We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Portland Taxi that would pick me up at 4 a.m....?

Virginia
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Best Portland Taxi that would pick me up at 4 a.m....?

Technically I'll be in Westbrook, Maine, needing to be picked up from my hotel at a super early 4 a.m. (a Friday morning) to take a short 4-mile trip to the Amtrak station. Can you guys recommend anybody who I could rely on and who is available at such an ungodly hour? Also, this won't be until about ten days until now. How early is too early to actually reserve a cab?

Thanks for any suggestions,

clueless and cabless

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Portland Taxi that would pick me up at 4 a.m....?

I've found them all to be reliable------I just use the phone book. I've used ASAP Taxi, Airport Taxi, and many more. Give them a little extra time since you'll be in Westbrook. Almost all are 24/hr.

If you are really that nervous, phone before you go to bed and then phone again to give them a "reminder" at 3:30. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Virginia
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Portland Taxi that would pick me up at 4 a.m....?

Thank you kindly! This is helpful and appreciated.

Level Contributor
467 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Portland Taxi that would pick me up at 4 a.m....?

I've used ASAP Taxi many times to get to the 3:15 AM bus to Logan (which is at the same place as Amtrak). Never once had a problem. The bars close at 1:00 AM. By 1:30 the taxis are prevalent. You shouldn't have a problem calling the day before to reserve.

4. Re: Best Portland Taxi that would pick me up at 4 a.m....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15