We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Portalnd.....

Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
getting to Portalnd.....

Is there car ferry service from Boston to Portland? I saw a refernce to one but cannot find any information.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Portalnd.....

No, there is not.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Portalnd.....

Only regularly scheduled ferry service to/from Portland that I know of is offered by Nova Star Cruises, connecting Portland to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada and the Casco Bay Lines ferries connecting downtown Portland to varous islands in Casco Bay, adjacent to Portland and other local communities.

Botson has ferriees to Provincetown on Cape Cod and a commuter ferry to the Massachusetts South Shore (between Boston and Cape Cod). Could you be thinking about one of these?).

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Portalnd.....

The Boston ferries that transport car is usually between Boston & the island towns of Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket.

I do not think there is any ferry service between Boston & Portland. There are some cruise ships that have 7 day cruises out of Boston that stops at ports all over New England & Canada including Portland, but they do not accommodate cars.

4. Re: getting to Portalnd.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16