We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plus-sized women's clothing in Portland

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Plus-sized women's clothing in Portland

Can anyone recommend plus-sized women's clothing stores in Portland? I'm coming in for an extended weekend visit with some friends, and I'd like to do some shopping while there. I'm looking for the local, independent business vs. the national chain. Thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plus-sized women's clothing in Portland

Hi Izrandall,

I don't know of any plus size women's stores in Portland, but I know there's one on route 1 in Damarascotta, about an hour's drive north. A bit far I know, but I pass by it all the time so thought I'd suggest it. Sorry, I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head. If it comes to me, I'll post back.

Meanwhile have a fun time in Portland and please report back if you get the chance :).

cozyharbor

Westbrook, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plus-sized women's clothing in Portland

The name of the store is Women of Substance, here is a link to a nice article about the store. They are right on Upper Main Street in Damariscotta, might be worth a trip, I was in there once, the clothing is beautiful, a bit pricy but nice quality.

angelispress.com/TMR/…aug03art2.htm

3. Re: Plus-sized women's clothing in Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 08:17