We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

Waretown, NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

My family used to vacation near Eustis every summer. Now that I'm an adult, I thought it would be fun to go back to the area we used to go. I've been to Rangeley in the summer months, but never in the Spring. What can I expect? I will be here with my husband and dog. We rented a cabin, and we are looking to just relax and have an easy-going vacation. Is there a pub or tavern that we can go to at night? Do a lot of people rent cabins this time of year? What kind of fun stuff can we do?

5 replies to this topic
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

We are in Eustis every Memorial Day weekend. There is fishing, kayaking, hiking, looking for moose, yard sale-ing, etc.

Here's a couple of links for Rangeley:

http://www.rangeleymaine.com/

http://rangeley-maine.com/

If you ride 4-wheelers, Rangeley welcomes them and allows them to drive in town. There are designated parking spots. The lake has a nice picnic area with shelters over the tables and charcoal grills.

Waretown, NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

Thanks! Is there anywhere that they rent 4-wheelers or give lessons? The last time I rode one of those was about 20 years ago and I was on the back while my dad drove it.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

I found this on the second link I gave you:

rangeley-maine.com/rangeley/…

Both links have details about trails in the area.

Oquossoc
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

Rangeley Region Lake Cruises offers scenic lake cruises starting Memorial Day weekend. Check them out by Google Searching the name.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
566 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?

Don't forget the Angel Falls hike. It's an easy one with a really beautiful waterfall at the end. Well worth the time.

Reply to: Staying the last week of May; what's there to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rangeley