We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samoset

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Samoset

Has anyone traded into the 2 bedroom suites at Samoset Resort in Rockland, Maine through Interval International?

Also, there have been some bad reviews on the hotel, and the resort itself said that upgrades and upkeep are up to the individual owners of the timeshare properties. Can anyone advise on the state of the 2 bedroom suites (?kept up)

Thanks. Planning to go in September of next year. Is that a good time of year?

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samoset

We stayed in a 2-bedroom two years ago. The photo on their website was indicative of our condo:

samosetresort.com/accommodations/timeshare-c…

We liked the one we stayed in.

Their most recent e-mail indicated updated rooms and the Flume Cottage, but did not address the condos.

September is a great time of year to visit.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samoset

Hi MyTurn:

My husband and I are timeshare owners at the Samoset via. RCI and own a one bedroom unit.

FYI... there are two types of two bedroom units. The C unit is a townhouse which is two floors. Master bedroom/full bath is located on the lower level with patio. The main level has a partial kitchen, combo living/dining room, full bathroom, bedroom with two twin beds and a balcony. If you have a C unit... you are in luck since the views are great from there. The D unit is one level and considered a penthouse style unit. I haven't been in a D unit in years and there aren't too many of them. If you can, find out from II which model unit you have (C or D). Personally, I would take the C unit.

Sept. will be a nice time to travel to the region. There are lighthouses nearby, ferry rides to the islands, local towns to visit, good restaurants, shopping, etc. You are approximately an hour from Boothbay and 2.5 hours from Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park. We love the Rockport/Rockland/Camden area and always enjoy our vacation.

I can't comment on the hotel since we never stayed there. From what I heard from various timeshare owners... the hotel/restaurants were closed last winter mostly due to the economy. They only opened if they had a convention booked. The gym/indoor pool is available all year since it's opened to the public via. membership as well to those in the timeshare/hotel. I heard that this is the last year for Marcel's restaurant. I'm not sure when the exact closing date will be but the plan is to convert the restaurant into a spa. The Breakwater Café will remain and the menu will most likely change. The new outdoor pool area is gorgeous but it's not open during our visit since it's early in the season. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the timeshare units are well kept.

As owners, we pay the standard mtce. fee per year. Within the last year or two there was a special assessment. Off hand my husband can't remember what it was for.

If you have any further questions please ask and I'll do what I can to assist via. thread or private message. Wishing you a beautiful vacation at the Samoset next year!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,869 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samoset

September can be a great time to visit..... a little early for fall foliage, but it's our favorite time of year..... air is crisper and cleaner than during the summer (less pollen, fewer clouds, etc). and definitely less humid than July and August. A great month for getting outside for walks, golf (Samoset has a fantastic course!), and strolling the waterfronts in places like Camden.

4. Re: Samoset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 09:07
Get answers to your questions about Rockland