We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music/ nightlife past 9 pm

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Live music/ nightlife past 9 pm

I will be visiting Rockland this October 12 and 13, a Wednesday and Thursday night. I'd like a few drinks and possibly some live music on the Thurday night, but can't seem to find anything along those lines. I'm not looking to stay out until midnight, but 10 or 11 would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Camden, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live music/ nightlife past 9 pm

Sorry, it's a little late but here is some info that may help in the future. Yes, it is true rockland is not known for its wild night life but I must say there is always a fair amount going on.

Amalfi on the Water has live music every Friday. Go for dinner or drinks. They are a microbrewery as well so give the old Shag Rock brew a try.

Time Out Pub often has live blues music on Mondays.

Check what's playing at the strand thwarts. They have a bar upstairs.

Bars in town: waterworks closes at 9 on week days off season. myrtle st tavern open till 1am daily I believe. Trackside station.

If you don't mind the drive 40 paper is a chic little spot to grab good beer and cool mixed drinks. They are in Camden and open till 10pm daily. And shepherds pie in rockport is known to stay open rather late.

Hope that helps for future trips.

New Iberia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live music/ nightlife past 9 pm

Thanks for the info. I ended up at myrtle st tavern and had a nice time with the locals. I will be back, so I will keep your suggestions on my list.

Reply to: Live music/ nightlife past 9 pm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockland