We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oakland Seashore Rockport Maine

Which Rockport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Oakland Seashore Rockport Maine

You think these things never happen at home, but they do. I stopped by what looked like a cute cabin on my way home the summer of 2009 and asked for a cabin to be held for a weekend the following May. The high school aged girl wrote down my credit card number and assurred me that this only holds the cabin and the card would not be charged until Feb. 2010 and don't be surprised when it shows up. In the meantime, our plans changed and in January of 2010 we called to cancel the reservations only to find that the phone was disconnected. I sent an email to what I think was the location. When no charge ever happened on my card in early 2010...I assumed they had gotten my message one way or the other. Then suddenly this past weekend almost JULY...I have a charge on my card for one nights stay. When I call thehotel I have to deal with another teenager who proceeds to call back and forth between the owner and myself. The owner charged me regardless of what I tried to tell him through this adolescent girl and didn't even have the decency to call me and talk to me himself. Coward can rip off people and then do his dirty work through a teenager. I wouldn't suggest reserving a cabin here...there are other places all around it to check out that aren't quite as shady.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oakland Seashore Rockport Maine

It is probably worth a call to your credit card company to dispute the charge.

2. Re: Oakland Seashore Rockport Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 08:57
Get answers to your questions about Rockport