We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Dream Resort

boston ma
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Dream Resort

thanks to everyone that is helping me with all my Maine questions I think we will be going to Wells this summer. Next question has anyone stayed or heard anything about Beach Dream Resort?? I am bringing my grandaughters ages 9 & 11 this place sounds good for children.

thanks again

Dolly

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Dream Resort

Hi Dolly,

Click on the Wells forum and search for the word "dreams" and you'll find two earlier threads on this development. There are good and bad things said about it.

My concern is that it's pretty far from the beach and it's in a wooded area that gives no impression whatsoever that you are near a beach. If I were taking a vacation at the beach, I'd want to stay somewhere with more of a beach feel.

Southern Maine has lots of beaches and lots of rental property and motels with a beachier feel. If it was me, I'd keep looking.

Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Dream Resort

It is on the opposite side of Route 1 from the Ocean on a very busy stretch of road, you would have to take trolleys or walk quite a ways I believe in order to get to the beach.

I think there is good and bad with the place. The condos/cottages are all relatively new, development was all built within the past 1-3 years or so. Location could be the issue, unless that doesn't matter to you.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Dream Resort

I know you are looking mostly at Wells and Ogunquit, but would you consider going farther north, up by Portland? I like the feel of Higgins Beach in Scarborough. It's a more isolated little beach community that's got a great beach feel/ place where . It's way off the main highway so you could give the kids a longer leash / a bit more freedom. They could walk down to the beach on their own.

I have no ide how the prices are up there, but if you have some extra time you might Google "Higgins Beach" and rentals and see if you can turn up something interesting.

See http://www.higginsbeachmaine.com/

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Dream Resort

There is an aerial photo of Higgins Beach at http://higginsbeachrentals.com/aerial.html

You can also Mapquest Higgins Beach to get an idea of how isolated it is. At the same time, it's also near several state parks including Crescent Beach state park, and you are near several lighthouses.

I've driving thru it several times and have always wanted to stay overnight. I think you could have a terrific time there and create memories that the kids would talk about for years.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Dream Resort

I dont think they are much further than any of the other cottages you can rent along Route 1. We have rented cottages in the Wells area for the last 4 years. It is difficult to find a cottage within walking distance to the beaches (Ogunquit or Wells Beach) – we have always had to take the car or the trolley. The only accommodations right at the beaches seem to be motels or Inns which are too small for a family of 4. We like to have a small home away from home instead of just a big room.

We are actually considering renting a cottage at Beach Dreams this year too. They seem to offer a lot more with their pools, games room, tennis court etc.

russell
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Dream Resort

how about the misty harbor resort, it is on Mile Road, you are able to walk to wells beach, can see the beach from the balcony of the condos, have beautiful,clean, one and 2 bedroom condos, an indoor pool, hot tub, a new playyard. It is also on the trolley line. it is in a fantastic location, at the USA inn, take a right at that set of lites, and it is right there on the left, billys chowder house is a little further down the road, hannafords is basically across the street.

7. Re: Beach Dream Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 07:16