We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belle of Maine, just booked!

Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Belle of Maine, just booked!

Hello,

Just booked a one bedroom cottage (#24) at Belle of Maine for August. It's a first for us. The Skeats were extremely nice on the phone and very patient with my emails! We have been going to Wells for years but never at the Belle, so does anyone have any encouraging feedback?

Thanks!

Isabelle, MTL

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belle of Maine, just booked!

Hi Isabelle

Yes we stayed there 2 summers in a row. I am surprised you were able to find one available as they book up very quickly – usually by Jan/Feb! Most people who go there, reserve for the next year.

We were very happy with the cottages. Most have decks, some have screened porches. Some of the larger cottages are newer (and more expensive) but the older ones are fine too.

have fun, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belle of Maine, just booked!

Thank you!

Yes I was lucky to get a reservation. I think it was a cancellation. There was also a larger 2 bedroom cottage with screened porch available when I called but I chose the 1 bedroom to save money (we are only 3 people traveling, me and my 2 daughters). So if anyone is interested you could always try them.....I would have prefered to have a screened porch because I know that sitting outside is next to impossible because of the mosquitoes! Now with the money saved on the smaller cottage I can afford the Moody beach parking!! ;-)

Cheers!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belle of Maine, just booked!

Isabelle

Can you park at Moody Beach? I thought it was a private beach. And can you walk all the way down to the main beach area of Ogunquit? I have never seen it so I was just wondering. We usually go to the Footbridge Beach but Moody would be closer when staying in Wells.

4. Re: Belle of Maine, just booked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 05:24