We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching Suggestions?

Which Wells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Whale Watching Suggestions?

Hi,

Has anybody recently been on any whale watching excursions?

I'll be in Maine August 10th - 13th (Monday - Thursday) and was just wondering if somebody could suggest where to go?

Thanks to all who reply!

Montreal Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Watching Suggestions?

There are 2 near Wells that I know of. One leaves from Kennebunkport and the other from Perkins Cove in Ogunquit. Both are a 4.5 - 5.5 hour excursion.

The boat that leaves from Kennebunkport is a larger and nicer boat, however the trips were completely booked when we tried to go. www.firstchancewhalewatch.com/nickschance.php

We ended up taking the one from Perkins Cove. Although it's a very small boat, we had a wonderful time. www.deborahannwhalewatch.com

If I were to to it again, I'd take the one out of Kennebunkport, simply beacause the boat is roomier and looks more comfortable. Just make sure you make a reservation a few days before you want to take the trip. And yes, we did see whales and were completely in awe of seeing these wonderful creatures in their natural habitat.

Please post when you're back and let us know how your trip was. Enjoy!

2. Re: Whale Watching Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Wells