We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel??

ct
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel??

Hi,

Looking to travel to southern Maine for a couple of nights - want to stay in a quiet, relaxing place with an indoor pool and close to some good seafood restaurants.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel??

On the high end there's the Stage Neck Inn , on the more moderate side the Misty harbor also has an indoor pool. Always phone ahead when a pool is a must, because pools can often be down for maintenance etc.

Mentioned in this post
Stage Neck Inn
Stage Neck Inn
426 Reviews
York Harbor, ME
Misty Harbor Resort
Misty Harbor Resort
771 Reviews
Wells, ME
Palmer,Massachusetts
Level Contributor
133 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel??

The Elmwood Resort is a very nice place to stay,as is the Village by the Sea which sits right behind the Elmwood.The Village by the Sea is a townhouse setup,which would offer you more room.I would recommend either one.

Mentioned in this post
Elmwood Resort Hotel
Elmwood Resort Hotel
448 Reviews
Wells, ME
Village by the Sea
Village by the Sea
927 Reviews
Wells, ME
Montreal
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel??

The Elmwood Resort is a very nice place - I stayed there once a while back. However, I will never go there again as they took my credit card to reserve a room...and ended up freezing my whole visa account! I couldn't use it for my whole trip - management barely apologized...all they said was...that's never happened before.

The Elmwood is on route one and a 2 minute drive to the beach - and they are not the cheapest place to stay. As I said in a different posting, go with Lafayette Oceanfront Resort...stay in the Wells Beach Motor Inn section of the hotel...it's right on the beach. If you are going in the summer time, it's great because you don't have to fight for a parking spot; you have a wonderful view of the ocean (because you are right on the beach); and they have a wonderful tempurpedic bed...so nice to sleep on! Oh and yes, they have an indoor pool too - check out their website.

Mentioned in this post
Elmwood Resort Hotel
Elmwood Resort Hotel
448 Reviews
Wells, ME
Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort
Lafayette's Oceanfront...
383 Reviews
Wells, ME
Wells Beach
Wells Beach
793 Reviews
Wells, ME
4. Re: Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2013, 10:18