We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lafayette or Misty Harbor?

Which Wells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ct
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lafayette or Misty Harbor?

Hi,

Narrowed my choices down to those 2 -- both have the amenities I want. Final choice will be which one is more 'comfortable' as far as the rooms go for relaxation. Will be there in April, so won't be at the beach much -- need to sleep, read and rest. Lafayette has a room in the Ledgeview building and Misty Harbor has a 1 BR on first floor with a view.

Thanks.

ct
Level Contributor
315 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lafayette or Misty Harbor?

*Also, does either one attract more kids than the other (even if it's not summer -- could be school vacation week for many).

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lafayette or Misty Harbor?

Hi,

No idea about Misty Harbor - but I've stayed at Lafayette many times and love it there.

However, I've never stayed in the Ledgeview Building. I usually go during high season and stay in the cheapest section of the hotel (Original Building). It's definitely not beautiful - but because the hotel is reasonably priced and located right on the beach and since I'm really only staying in the hotel to shower and sleep...I don't care so much.

...I have also stayed at Lafayette in the Wells Beach Motor Inn...usually in October (when it is cheaper)....and that building is definitely much nicer - however, it's about $ 20 more a night compared to the Ledgeview. The Wells Beach Motor Inn has recently been revamped to what you see online...with flat screen tv's and a wonderful tempurpedic memory foam mattress. That alone for me is worth the extra $ 20 a night.

I noticed that Misty Harbor is on route one - about a 2 minute drive to the beach...I know that you said that you won't be on the beach much but still it's kind of nice being right on the beach at Lafayette, especially if you are in the Wells Beach Motor Inn....you can wake and sit on your balcony and watch the ocean. Also, getting back to Misty Harbor... I hate being on the first floor of any hotel - I'm paranoid of theft and think that I would be more of a target on the first floor than if I were on the 2nd.

...note...at the Ledgeview - you may get a view of the ocean, but you will not be right on the ocean...about a minute walk to the beach.

3. Re: Lafayette or Misty Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Wells