We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cottages for off season

toaster
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
cottages for off season

hi. it seems most places will be closed for the season in the next little while. are there any cheap/decent motels/cottages that are opened all year round? any help would be appreciated. thx.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cottages for off season

My best bet for cheap/decent in Wells is a little family run place in the Moody portion of Wells called Wells - Moody Motel, see http://wellsmoodymotel.com/ I'm pretty sure they close at some point of the winter, but I don't know when. Give them a call.

Also, in Oqunquit there are about five or six motels that will stay open year round. Suggestion that you call the Chamber of Commerce to get names of who is still open when you make your trip. Prices will be so much lower than summer prices.

California
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cottages for off season

I'm not that familiar with Wells either, but as the previous poster said, there are a number of places in Ogunquit that are open year round. I believe Studio East Motel, which I've stayed at a few times and found fine, is open year round. Though don't have a pool, though -- you might prefer a place with an indoor pool during the off season. Also, the timeshare properties in town are open year round (SeaCastles, Hillcrest Inn & The Falls) so you may want to check with them, too, as they often have rentals available and provide you with a full kitchen, etc. (Hillcrest also has a couple of units with fireplaces!).

Diane

3. Re: cottages for off season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 23:20