We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mailing of Lobster Rolls

Smyrna, Delaware
1 post
Save Topic
Mailing of Lobster Rolls

Do you mail lobster rolls ? If so, do you mail to all parts of the United States ?

[afisher258@comcast.net; telephone: 302 514 9697

4 replies to this topic
Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mailing of Lobster Rolls

Who are you trying to reach? Red's Eats in Wiscasset?

I don't know about lobster rolls (I think the bun would get soggy), but there are many lobster pounds in the state that ship live lobsters anywhere. Cook the lobsters up, extract the meat, and put together your own lobster rolls!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mailing of Lobster Rolls

Adam: I highly recommend that you take your post down as there is too much private information and you leave yourself open to spammers. People can message you through TA.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mailing of Lobster Rolls

Agree with both of the above postings...

Have never heard of anyone trying to mail or ship completed lobster rolls -- probably because of too great a chance for soggy rolls if shipped fresh, poor tasting rolls if shipped frozen, and too great a chance of general spoilage if delayed anywhere along the way. Numerous places along the coast ship fresh, live lobster, usually by overnight express to ensure they arrive alive -- not hard to cook, and great tasting if you start with fresh-cooked meat and a fresh roll from your favorite local bakery.

Also, definitely would take down the parts of your post showing e-mail address and phone number.... unlikely to increase responses from folks on this Forum, except for those unscrupulous folks who surf the web just lookin for personal info from other folks.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mailing of Lobster Rolls

If the idea of ordering and cooking live lobsters doesn't appeal to you (though as others have said above, they are easy to cook), you can order cooked (and shelled) lobster meat and then prepare your own rolls. James Hook in Boston and Legal Sea Foods both ship lobster meat, and I'm sure others do, too.

Much to my surprise, when I double checked James Hook to be sure they sold lobster meat, I discovered they sell lobster rolls! The price is even reasonable--$14 per roll with a two roll minimum--until you add in shipping. That's $79! (Since the rolls don't weigh very much, you can get 20 for that same $79 shipping price!) Here's a link:

www.jameshooklobster.com/index.php…

All that said, I can't imagine that a shipped lobster roll would taste very good.

Reply to: Mailing of Lobster Rolls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wiscasset