We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

York weather in May/June

U.S.A.
Level Contributor
15 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
York weather in May/June

I am thinking of visiting the Ogunquit/York area in late May/early June. Can anyone give me an idea of what the temperature will be? I don't like heat and don't want to be uncomfortably hot. Also, will insects be a problem?

Is it better to schedule my trip for the second week in May, with regard to temperature and insects? And, what will the pollen/allergy situation be like? I couldn't find any info on that at all.

Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
York
York
Maine
Maitland, FL
Level Contributor
431 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: York weather in May/June

I actually prefer June as schools are still in so not over run by kids yet, but places are open for business. I am in York Harbor right now and lots is still closed in York, but readying for Memorial Day Weekend. Some places open 5/1, some 5/15, all by then! I have found the June weather to be quite pleasant and not hot. Yes, we had a puff of 92 degrees at 6pm one night last week. Very odd! Low 60's right now.

Mentioned in this post
York
York
Maine
U.S.A.
Level Contributor
15 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: York weather in May/June

Thanks!

3. Re: York weather in May/June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 04:32