We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harvestfest!!

Florida
Level Contributor
100 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Harvestfest!!

Is the Harvestfest a great happening? Sounds like the crafts and good eats should be fun this weekend...Any thoughts from some York people?

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harvestfest!!

Several towns will have events like this to encourage end of the season tourism. It doesn't rank up there with the Lobster Festival, Clam Festival or other "great happenings" but this weekend should be a nice time to be in York. It's a pretty little town and the leaves are nearing peak. You'll probably find end of the season sales in small boutiques, pretty farm stands packed with pumpkins, mums, etc., inviting antique shops, bakeries, etc. Visit York Beach and walk the beach, but dress for it. Visit the Nubble LIght, one of Maine's prettiest lighthouses.

Just bring plenty of warm clothes. The weather man is predicting a dip in the temps with FREEZING weather overnight. Pack long pants, cotton turtlenecks, fleece or windbreaker and a pair of gloves. Brrrr!

California
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harvestfest!!

I'm not a "York Person" but have visited Harvestfest while in Maine during the fall a few times. It's not a HUGE happening, but very pleasant. Crafts & good food, as you mentioned. Also, the last time I was there, they had hayrides, which was fun for the kids. It's also adjacent to the Historical York Village, so you can tour some of the buildings and as I recall, there were a number of people milling about in period costumes. Being from California, we just love the Harvestfest -- the location is so picturesque, and perfectly represents one's image of a New England village in the fall, with the beautiful church w/the white steeple, the old cemetary, etc.

Enjoy!

Diane

California
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harvestfest!!

I forgot to add one year we attended an antiques auction in York, I don't recall if it was in conjuction w/the Harvestfest or not, but I think it may have been. It was so wonderful, and it just killed me that I couldn't bid on and bring home some of the many beautiful things being sold at very reasonable prices. If only we weren't traveling by plane......

4. Re: Harvestfest!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 00:15