We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport to fly into?

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best airport to fly into?

Coming to Bethesda in June - wondering which airport I should fly into. Seem to remember from my last trip a few years ago that Dulles and Reagan being about the same distance away? I'd be taking a taxi. Not worried about which will have best airfare, looking for quickest/cheapest transportation-wise from airport to Bethesda.

Any advice is appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airport to fly into?

From Bethesda, Dulles and National are probably similar distances, with BWI not far behind. If you are taking a cab, and not landing in the middle of rush hour, any of the three, are probably fine. If you were considering public transportation, National is the hands down winner.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,526 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airport to fly into?

Yes, if you're looking for "cheapest" transportation go with DCA. You can get on Metro there and take it to Bethesda for far less money than what a taxi would charge.

DCA is about 11 miles from Bethesda.

IAD is about 25.

BWI is about 35.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airport to fly into?

There is a new shuttle service called Bethesda Shuttle, or The Dolphin, that goes between Bethesda and BWI For only $29. Can't beat the price. I think they go to dulles and Reagan too.

Reply to: Best airport to fly into?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted