We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Boonsboro

Fermoy, Cork...
2 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Boonsboro

Hi, myself and my sister are planning a trip to Boonsboro in April. At the moment the plan is to stay for about 4 days, staying at Inn Boonsboro and going to a booksigning, we're travelling from Ireland so will also be spending a few days in Washington D.C.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of things to do in the Boonsboro area without our own transportation - unfortunately I don't drive and my sister isn't sure how comfortable she'd be getting a rental car. We already know how we're getting there so that's not an issue, just trying to find things to do while we're there.

Sorry for the rambling request, would be grateful for any help, thanks

5 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Boonsboro

You're going to need a car. There's a bunch to do within an hour of Boonsboro but you'll definitely need a car to get to any of it.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Boonsboro

Right

Fermoy, Cork...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Boonsboro

Ah fair enough, was worth asking anyway. Thanks for the help

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Boonsboro

But there is some very good cycling in the area.

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Boonsboro

Actually, there's good hiking if you simply set out on foot from Boonsboro, or start with a taxi ride from there to an Appalachian Trail or other trailhead. And as suggested above, a bike rental could make for an excellent day if you can arrange that -- say, Anteitam and C&O canal. If a weekday and you're ambitious, you might could even bike into DC on the canal then take MARC back up to Frederick or Harper's Ferry.

There are some adventure outfitters around Harper's Ferry that might be willing to pick you up for a kayak rental or the like. Not sure about your April date or the water temperature, seasonal operations then.

Reply to: Things to do in Boonsboro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boonsboro
Recent Conversations