We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Chesapeake late March 2012 - Spring Break?

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Chesapeake late March 2012 - Spring Break?

We are a middle-aged couple looking for a quiet weekend and are considering the Hyatt Chesapeake because it is very cheap at this time of year. My only concern is whether the hotel will be filled with noisy college kids on Spring Break or whether it will be quiet? Any advise would be welcome.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Chesapeake late March 2012 - Spring Break?

There is not much to appeal to college kids in that area. I doubt that it will be a problem for you.

You might see college kids driving through Cambridge on their way to the ocean.

You might ask the hotel if there are any events (conferences, conventions etc.) scheduled. Probably not, which is why you can get a good rate.

Do read the reviews that mention concerns about noise from younger children.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 26 February 2012, 20:21
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Chesapeake late March 2012 - Spring Break?

Thanks for the reply. I did read the other reviews and that is why I was concerned. That seemed to be only during President's Week.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Chesapeake late March 2012 - Spring Break?

I agree with the previous poster about contacting the resort directly to see what is happening during the time that you want to visit. College kids are not the issue as this is a resort that is definitely geared toward families with younger children. It can be overbearing in the warmer months when the tots are not in school, but now should be a good time to avoid that.

It is a very nice property, and is more or less self contained. Cambridge does not have much to offer, including nightlife so it never draws a spring break crowd. For day time activities, you can always take a drive North to Easton, a sophisticated town, as far as the Eastern Shore goes or to the South and enjoy the tranquility of The Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.

I think for a short get-away, you would enjoy the Hyatt at this time of the year.

Reply to: Hyatt Chesapeake late March 2012 - Spring Break?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted