We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly hotel in Chevy Chase

Which Chevy Chase hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SE WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Pet friendly hotel in Chevy Chase

We have a family reunion in a few days. Most of us are staying at the Embassy Suites and I just discovered they do not allow pets. Anyone know a pet friendly hotel/motel nearby? Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Chevy Chase

I'm pulling these from a pet-friendly website, http://www.petswelcome.com. As a non-pet owner and local resident, all I can really vouch for is the location of the hotels listed in relation to the Embassy Suites.

Bethesda, Md. would be the best option--it is just a couple of miles and one Metro stop away, in a fun urban setting with lots of shops and restaurants, similar to the area around the Embassy Suites. The Residence Inn listed is fairly new and gets good reviews from TA users.

The fees shown at the Residence Inn seem steep compared to other options. If (after confirming policies and fees with the hotel) you find it to be too steep, look at the options in Rockville, Md. The Best Western would be the most convenient as it's right off the interstate (about 20 minutes away from ES without traffic). The others in Rockville will be a few minutes further.

Edited: 20 September 2010, 19:23
SE WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Chevy Chase

Thanks for your prompt reply! I called the Residence Inn in Bethesda, and they charge a $200 non-refundable fee plus $10 per night per pet, on top of the nightly rate per person. This seems a bit over the top so I think we will be leaving the daughter and her critter home. Again, thanks for the reply!

3. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Chevy Chase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Chevy Chase