We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel in Landover, Maryland

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
good hotel in Landover, Maryland

will be traveling to an event at FedEx Field in July. Looking for advice on a good, safe, clean hotel in the area. Traveling with spouse and two sons. Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,706 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel in Landover, Maryland

The stadium is not in a great area. While you would likely survive unscathed, I still wouldn't recommend any of the hotels near the stadium for a casual visitor. I would either stay in Washington and take the Metro out with the couple thousand of other people doing the same thing, or I would stay somewhere like Greenbelt, Bethesda, Silver Spring or even as far as Columbia.

Bear in mind traffic to the stadium is nasty - give yourself PLENTY of time to get there. I'm go to take a wild guess and say you're coming for the Man U -Barcelona match on July 30. So you'll fight rush hour traffic plus stadium traffic.

near Washington DC
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel in Landover, Maryland

It is located near some rough neighborhoods and nothing is super convenient. But check out these options.

You'll need a taxi. I wouldn't recommend a long weekend here but overnight after/before an event may be good. For a longer stay, get a hotel downtown (not on NY Ave).

Reply to: good hotel in Landover, Maryland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Landover