I'll list these chronologically. We went to almost all of them during their "happy hours". A beer was pretty inexpensive, $2-3 bucks for a bottle/can of Bud. The food specials were a good value, typically $6 for a dozen steamers, .5 dozen oysters, crab dip, cheeseburger and fries, etc. I think many of these places discontinue their special pricing once the high season starts. You'd have to check their websites. I'll get around to writing separate reviews on some of the places that we did more than a "one and done".
1.Seacrets. (12 steamers).I just don't get the faux Jamaican thing. But they do a booming business and the view is nice.
2.Green Turtle.( 6 steamed oysters, crab dip) Touristy? Yes. But I really like this place.
3Rope Walk. (bang bang shrimp) My wife was leery at first seeing all the kids at their playground. But they stayed out and we stayed in.
4.BJs.(pork sliders, nice pickle) More on this place later.
5. Bull on the Beach. ( some sort of pit beef sandwich) Non-happy hour.
6.Marina Deck. (6 oysters, dozen wings) Excellent house made teriyaki on the wings.
7.Pit and Pub.(Lombard Dog, steamed shrimp) How could I NOT have a hot dog wrapped in fried bologna?
8. Beach Barrels.Seems like a regulars/locals bar. Real friendly.
9. BJ's. We went for the live music. But I was a day early. Ooops.
10.BurleyOak Brewing. Not a bar, but the flight of beer was good.
11.O.C. Brewing Co. (cheesesteak egg rolls) Tater tots in the egg roll too. Not as good as it sounds.
12. Breakers. Inside the Clarion. The only place I had a bad beer.(Taps needed cleaning?) But the view was nice.
13.Green Turtle.(happy hour sliders)
14.BJ's. OK. So we did see a band. But here's the deal. Externally I'm a tall, slightly overweight, gray-haired, devastatingly handsome 57-year-old man. But in my head lives a 19-year-old man-child. As the band started playing I noticed that the clientele resembled a geriatric ward. And they all seemed to be "in heat". It was rutting season for the aged. The 19-year-old in my head was repelled. The 57-year-old guy was initially confused. But after a couple more drinks I was just bemused. Oh well. Old people need lovin' too. And I guess I'm one of them.
15. The Atrium. In our hotel. Quality Inn Oceanfront. (some sort of frozen liquor) It can get loud with the voices of happy children in here.
16. Harborside. (seafood bisque, steamers) We somehow looked right past the outside bar. Would have been better out there. I like this place.
17.Shark on the Harbor. (cheesesteak biscuits) Non-happy hour. Probably the best food sample we had. Really delicious. The kitchen obviously prides itself on their product. Maybe a tad snooty.
18.MR Ducks.On the water.
19.Bearded Clam. Just off the Boardwalk. The bartender and I talked baseball.
20. Pit and Pub.
21.Coins. Seems like a local's joint. $2 mugs of Bud. They seemed like short mugs to me.
22. Beach Barrels. This time we ordered an Italian sub from Primo's next door. It was very good.
There you have it. A good time was had by all and no blood was spilled.