We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront condo/hotel

Level Contributor
98 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront condo/hotel

What are the top 5 Oceanfront condos or hotels for a family? Are there any places with a kitchen and washer/dryer like we have enjoyed at MB in years past?

12 replies to this topic
Sayreville, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

their are tones of them. Look on rental site and put in what you want and need. Pool, kitchen, etc. Then you can go by the price. Number of bedrooms will be the big issue.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

There is bazillion condo choices for OC. Try these sites below for your search.

Here is a link for condo choices.

ococean.com/accommodations/vacation-rentals/

I use Coldwell Banker.

www.cbvacations.com

Bel Air, Maryland
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

You can find lots of hotels with small kitchens w/a small stove, full-sized fridge, and a microwave, but I'm not aware of any that have in-room washers and dryers. Several have a public laundry room, though. You're best bet is a condo. Many rental companies, like Coldwell Banker mentioned above, offer mini-weeks, so you will have lots of options.

new york
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

We are renting a condo at ocean watch this year. Also rented at Golden Sands ( my very favorite) The Quay condo, the condos have everything. Used VRO.com also and spoke right to the owners.

new york
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

We are renting a condo at ocean watch this year. Also rented at Golden Sands ( my very favorite) The Quay condo, the condos have everything. Used VRO.com also and spoke right to the owners.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

Definitely use www.cbvacations.com

My personal favorites for condos are:

Golden Sands Condominiums

Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums

Princess Royale

But there's so many places to choose from you can't go wrong.

Mentioned in this post
Princess Royale Resort
Princess Royale Resort
2,976 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

We've been staying in the Plaza Condos since the late1980's and still love them.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

You might also try Holiday Real Estate, although I don't care much for their website. I have always had good experiences when renting Ocean Hideaway units from them.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

We've always rented form Holiday , Coldwell Banker, or Long and Foster. The one time we rented from Shoreline it wasn't good. But the other three all were great, and handled any problems quickly.

www.holidayoc.com

www.cbvacations.com

www.lfvacations.com

Annandale, NJ
Level Contributor
9 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceanfront condo/hotel

There are literally hundreds of Condo buildings in OC to choose from. On top of that, each condo is individually owned, there can be one building with gorgeous, newly renovated units, and other units in that same building that haven't been updated in years and look like they were furnished from leftovers from Grandma's basement.

So, there's no such thing as a "top 5". It all comes down to personal taste. Where on the island to you want to be? The north end is quiet with restaurants but no attractions. The center is busier with more things to do. The south is where the boardwalk is and always very busy.

What kind of amenities do you want? What bedding configuration do you want? Typical is a master bedroom w/ a king bed, and a second bedroom with either: 2 doubles, a queen and a bunk, or 2 twins, or some combination. Some have 3 bedrooms. Some have a den with a pull-out couch. Some have big balconies, some have small. Some have bay and ocean balconies. Do you want a high-rise, or a low-rise? Pool? Indoor or outdoor? Fitness center? Elevator?

So many variables and so many options. There is no substitute for doing your own research. I find that www.cbvacations.com has a very large inventory and lots of photos. You can also find lots of listings on www.vbro.com and www.homeaway.com. Good luck.

Reply to: Oceanfront condo/hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted