We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irma

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Irma

Is Irma going to effect the weather in ocean city and assateague island next week?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Irma

Look at the forecasts

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irma

Really ?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,236 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irma

I'd second the advice. Unless there's a frequent poster here who is a meteorologist or something.

If there's any threat to the Maryland shore areas, I'd go with NOAA or weather.com or any other site before getting opinions here.

Because posters here, as well-intentioned as they may be, are probably getting their info from NOAA or weather.com or other sites.

Why risk something getting lost in translation? Just check the weather forecast.

I'm sure by late Sunday or Monday morning there will be some indication of things, one way or the other.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irma

Wait, I'll check my crystal ball.

We all know as much as you do.

5. Re: Irma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2017, 16:35
Bel Air, Maryland
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Irma

My guess would be yes, even if it's just rain. but it's too early to tell. As of the 5:15am NWS Bulletin that I heard, they still do not know when and where landfall will occur. Some models are saying it could stay off the coast of Florida, and make landfall in GA or SC. Local weather folks in the Baltimore area are saying that the further north landfall takes place, the bigger impact it will have on MD next week.

Take the advice of others and continue to check the weather sites, and I would monitor the OC website for updates on how the local gov't is reacting.

https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irma

Thank you

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Irma

Sorry about the perceived attacks.....you deserve better....this IS an opinion board. My opinion is yes it will affect the weather probably Wednesday and Thursday based on the past storms. They keep adjusting the track a little further east and the further east the more impact OC will have. Before people go off on me No I am not an expert but like all others on here I do have an opinion.

You do know that it is bike week, right? Next weekend will be loud (but fun in my opinion). I imagine most bikers will wait until the weather passes Thursday or Friday to come down.

Mayport...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Irma

I'm also curious about the storm we will be There starting on Saturday.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,324 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irma

Common knowledge is to keep checking the weather on various "weather" sites (i.e. weather.com or accuweather.com) to keep tabs on the hurricane. To ask on a message board of any kind is just asking for sarcasm. Since you'll beat me to it I wont add to it..lol

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations