We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shout out for Rose's

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shout out for Rose's

I've been vacationing in Ocean City for thirty years and every time I do, my first stop after checking in at the Plaza, is to run across the street to Rose's. Many people put it down. True, It's not pretty or high class, a lot of it is junk or tacky beach decorations, but I still love it. If you need something in a pinch for your stay in OC, it's THE place to go.

10 replies to this topic
Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shout out for Rose's

We love Rose's to. I love browsing the knick knack section.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shout out for Rose's

I was there probably 20 years ago off season and found an animated witch for Halloween for $20. She's over 4 feet tall, fully dressed with a hat and broom, her eyes flash and she has a voice box that cackles "I'll get you my pretty. Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat" . And then she laughs. She's motion activated and I put her on my front porch every year. Kids love her (some are scared if they're little), but she's a hoot. We named her Ethyl.

I've bought tacky wind chimes and sea shell jewelry boxes, sweatshirts, and a small spackle roaster to name some of the many things I've bought there over the years. We absolutely love it. It's like all of the shops from Shanty Town rolled into one store.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shout out for Rose's

Sorry....not trolling, but I am not a fan. Hard to get past that musty smell when you walk in the door. My wife and mother in law DO say there are great deals there!!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shout out for Rose's

That's okay Dude. Rose's is unique unto itself. It is what it is, and maybe that's part of its charm (or whatever). Love it or hate it, I'd be sad if it closed.

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
359 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shout out for Rose's

Rose's saved us when we needed ponchos during a down pour.

Sadly, the ponchos didn't save us from the jerk that drove through the water at 50mph while we were walking on the sidewalk. LOL. We were so pissed, but makes for a funny story now that its over!

Ranson
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shout out for Rose's

In all my 30 plus OC.years I've never been to Roses,I'll be down the first week of october.....gotta check it out!!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shout out for Rose's

Oh Man! I should have stopped in this past weekend! I love those types of stores. I wondered if it was a grocery or what . . . Next time I will!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shout out for Rose's

Roses sells anything and everything you can imagine. From underwear to jeans, sunglasses to umbrellas, anything and everything for your home like bedding and kitchenware, to outdoor furniture, to boogie boards and floaties, t shirts and sweats, holiday stuff, candy bars and sodas, postcards, and some of the most ridiculous knick knacks and sea shell junk you could never imagine. It's just fun to wander around in there.

ohio
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shout out for Rose's

Rose's saved us a few years ago our umbrella stroller broke and we needed something to just get us through the week. We were able to pick one up very cheap there. We have also found some cool little finds through the years.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
276 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shout out for Rose's

Thanks to this thread, I visited Rose’s for the first time today. I couldn’t believe how much stuff was in there and how cheap it all was. It reminded me of a Walmart that was frozen in time 35 years ago. It’s not exactly the cleanest or the most organized store, but I now know where I’ll be stocking up on condo supplies for my next visit.

Reply to: Shout out for Rose's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations