We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oceanview room or southern view

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
oceanview room or southern view

can anyone help me...I have booked a room at the holiday inn hotels and suites for this august. I booked a southern view room. Has anybody stayed here before? Are the ocean and southerview rooms the same?

New York
Level Contributor
653 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oceanview room or southern view

deanna:

If you are talking about the HI located on 67th street then the rooms you are asking about should be the same except for the view or location in reference to the ocean.

Southern view is a section of the building with the balcony facing south along the oceanfront overlooking a courtyard area that includes tennis courts and the pool area.

The oceanfront rooms are located directly oceafront and face the ocean.

So you either look right at the ocen or along the southern view of the ocean.

Oceanfront will be more money but for the time you spend in the room either I would think would be fine.

Hope this helps.

nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oceanview room or southern view

no i am talking about the one down on 17th street. Do you know it?

we have always stayed at the quailty inn bu last year it was only soso.

Let me know what you think

and thank you

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oceanview room or southern view

It's a very nice hotel (one of the better Holiday Inns) but is outrageously priced in the summertime. The southernview rooms don't have much of a view at all, especially the lower floors, which directly face the northern view rooms of the Quality Inn next door. The hotel has an indoor pool and two outdoor pools. One is a regular pool and the other a children's activity pool, both oceanfront. The Quality Inn changed management last year for the better and the premium (newly renovated) rooms are decent and pretty reasonably priced. My only complaints about the hotel are that the indoor pool area could really use some TLC and that the elevators are slow. The staff members have always been helpful and friendly. I hope that they will continue to renovate the rooms, as the rooms in the main building (and probably the northern view too) are outdated and have seen their better days. At this time all of the rooms in the tower building have been redone and so have a few of the rooms in the main building. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oceanview room or southern view

are you talking about the quality inn or the holiday inn?

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oceanview room or southern view

I started out talking about the Holiday Inn and Suites on 17th Street. Everything after I wrote about the change in management is for the Quality Inn Boardwalk.

nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oceanview room or southern view

ok dokey got it!!! thank you so much for your input.

do you happen to know if the ocean view rooms are any nicer inside that the southern view rooms at the holiday inn?

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oceanview room or southern view

I think that the oceanview rooms are the same as the southern view. The only differences between those rooms and the oceanfront rooms are the view and the price. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right after it opened in 2001. The hotel was expanded and an outdoor children's activity pool was added for the 2003 season. The price has gone way up since the hotel opened and it seems foolish for us to spend a fortune on a hotel room that we are hardly in except to sleep, which is why we stopped staying there during peak season. My parents like to stay there in the fall when the price is affordable and most of the restaurants and attractions are still open (and it's not so crowded). P.S. Anthony's on 17th Street has outstanding subs/sandwiches.

nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oceanview room or southern view

great!!!

Ill stick with the southern view and keep anthonys in mind.

this is our 5th year in oc but we we not happy with the quality in on 54th last year so we thought we would try something new

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oceanview room or southern view

I wasn't sure which Quality Inn you were talking about. I remember one time when I was little we went to Ocean City in the spring time and had looked at several hotels, including the Quality Inn on 54th Street, which was so dirty we turned around and left. We ended up at the Holiday Inn on 67th Street, which I can't remember too much about. I think that you will be happy with the Holiday Inn on 17th Street, which is the nicest Holiday Inn that I've ever stayed in.

dunmore pa
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: oceanview room or southern view

Hi. That Holiday Inn is very nice and in a great location. Close to Phillips buffet and davinci's italian bistro right on the boardwalk. Right by the cvs and it is just a great location there. South view just means you do not have a view of the ocean where you are at but it is a nice hotel and all. I wish you a great time.