We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

port deposit, md
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

Any update info on this H2O club? Senior girls are headed down this Saturday for Senior Week. I can't find a web site.

What's parking like?

Any personal experiences?

Thanks,

Marsha

Essex MD
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

Hi mjp51us,

I know from personal experience that H2O is a GREAT place to go if you want to have your parents come down to OCMD and bail you out of jail. The police visit there on a nightly basis because of all of the trouble there.

port deposit, md
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

What type of problems occur? Arrest types if you know.

Essex MD
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

We stay at Marty's Playland, which is the next door neighbor of the H2O clubs. When you witness the OCPD having to be called in nightly to handle situations at the club, I don't think it really matters why boys and girls are being frisked, cuffed, and taken to the brig.

I wouldn't want my son or daughter to patronize this place.

port deposit, md
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

Thank you for your reply. I'll tells the girls. Hope they listen.

Marsha

Culpeper, Va
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

Its a few hundred teenagers, scantally clad stuffed in a club... Its not that great. I'd rather spend my evening on the boardwalk quite honestly.

Grafton...
Level Contributor
154 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

My teens had an awesome time there last year and intend on going there this year too. I didnt hear about any fights or arrests and they came home sober and on time so I am ok with them going again. I guess it all depends on what you plan on doing there, starting trouble or having fun.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

See attached link. Three officers injured trying to settle fights at the H2O club this past Friday night. The police estimated 300 to 400 people were involved.

www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=8639912

md
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

I have a 16yr old daughter and I would not let her go to H2O club or any highschooler go to senior week albeit it is over for this year. OC is not like if was back in the 80's when you could hop the bus back to your rundown hotel or sleep on the beach at night.

Essex MD
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

I was staying at Marty's Playland and witnessed part of this melee. VERY ugly scene. During my two week stay, once again, there was a police presence there at H2O EVERY night. What is it going to take to shut this place down?

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H2O Club, for 15 -20 year olds

Four years ago my then 18 year old and her 3 friends were SO excited that there was a club for them to go and dance. I was happy for them as I grew up in the 70's and had a place near the pier to go at night. Well, long story short they said it was nothing more than a "meat" market. They waited longer in line to get in than the time they stayed there. They were very disappointed, but just didn't feel safe. It shows there is a desire for a safe place to hang out at night, but it is not H2O. I hope Ocean City can come up with other dance options for this age group.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland