We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you ride the trolley or bus to & from places and...

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Do you ride the trolley or bus to & from places and...

I have never been there - what kind of things are there to do as far as shopping and restaurants via the bus?

or would i have to drive my car to those places?

Any antiques or consignment shops in the area?

Is dowtown area safe? thank you.

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you ride the trolley or bus to & from places and...

Also, does this trolley or bus drive from one end to the other? I found a restaurant 7 miles away. Does it go that far? If so, does it take a long time?

Sorry to bother anyone but we really need help, this is our first time and we don't have much time to book something. thanks

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you ride the trolley or bus to & from places and...

the trolley is caled the Tram, which rides up and down on the boardwalk. It cost around 2.50 a ride so it could get costly. Plus it only goes the distance of the boardwalk from Inlet area to 28th st.(3 miles)

The bus you can ride for $2 all day and it runs the up down the coastal hyw.

As far as things to do: type in "things to do" in the search box and you'll see there are multiple topics you can check out.

Downtown area and most all areas in OC are very safe.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you ride the trolley or bus to & from places and...

The trolley is not the same as the Boardwalk Tram. The trolley runs from Somerset Street Depot to the Convention Center and cost $2 to ride all day and is interchangeable with the bus service. The buses run from the inlet depot to the MD/DE Line. There's a ton of shopping and restaurants along the route.

I think utilizing the bus/trolley is easier than driving and trying to find parking unless you intend to make numerous purchases where it would be hard for you to carry everything on the bus then a car would be better.

I've never had a problem with safety in the downtown area or anywhere in OC for that matter. Just be attentive and keep your eyes open and you'll be fine.

Here's a link that provides you with trolley, Boardwalk Tram and bus information.

http://www.ococean.com/busflyer.html

Hope you have a great time!!

4. Re: Do you ride the trolley or bus to & from places and...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 07:20