We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jellyfish?

Pa.
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
jellyfish?

I heard that the jellyfish are really bad this year, we are coming down the second week of Sept. Is that typically a time when they are around?

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jellyfish?

I was there in mid July and didn't see any jellyfish at all. And, the times I've visited in September I don't recall seeing any jellyfish while at the beach.

The time jellyfish are present varies depending usually on how warm the water is.

Pa.
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jellyfish?

Thanks BBEAR! We always go in Sept...and rarely have I ever seen them. They had a story on the today show about them up and down the coast..I was just wondering. BTW, I am from near Johnstown too!!!

Baltimore, MD
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: jellyfish?

It usually depends on the weather. Jellyfish definitely like the warmer water temps, but there are some years where they haven't been out much at all even into August and September. We are in OC now and I haven't seen one yet! One year (about 10 years ago, I think!) they were REALLY bad, but since then I've only seen a few here and there.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jellyfish?

amaya, you're welcome. I was watching the Today Show and they said coming up they were doing a report on the jellyfish on the East Coast, but I got distracted and missed it.

And, hey, it's always nice to meet a fellow "yinzer" on the forum, LOL!!!

Hope you have a great trip!

MD
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: jellyfish?

I just came back from OC and didn't see any jellyfish. It seems like some years there are lots, and other years there are none. Hopefully this will remain a year of none for you. :-)

6. Re: jellyfish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City