We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hofman Rentals

Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Topic
Hofman Rentals

Im looking to rent a property from Hofman Rentals for senior week with my freinds. Does anyone know anything about these properties? if theyre any good or the people are layed back and such? any info will help!

1. Re: Hofman Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 22:29
Philadelphia, PA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hofman Rentals

Hofman Rentals are nasty, dirty and disgusting. NOT FOR FAMILIES!!!! All units have bugs, holes in the walls, doors ripped off the hinges, broken lights, broken railings, broken appliances, smells like moldy beer.

The almost heaven apartment is almost hell! If you are looking for frat house conditions this may be your heaven. DO NOT PAY WHAT HE IS ASKING, he is ripping people off. DO not pay that much for a frat house! My daughter was on the floor, after we vacuumed, and a roach came running across. The rugs were so sticky in the one room that you needed shoes to walk.

We went to return our keys and we spoke to another couple and asked them how their house was and they said they slept in their car each night and are leaving a night early. Hofman also double booked our unit on us so we spent the first 4 hours we were there in the driveway waiting for him to arrive and sort everything out.

We have since had better luck with VRBO.com for family rentals.

Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hofman Rentals

thanks so much. i kinda had a bad feeling because theres no pictures of the inside but i wasnt sure. thanks for your help!

Pennsylvania
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hofman Rentals

We just got back from a week renting the hofman rentals Coastal Dream on old landing road, and as someone said earlier his places are dumps. We could not believe it when we got there. He advertised washer dryer, 2 big screen televisions with HBO. Then he came one night and told some of our friends that we could not be on the porch drinking, we are all 21+ by the way. There was hair and dust everywhere, and the floors were all sticky. The doors did not lock, and most of the tvs did not work the ones that did got no more than 3 channels. Im sorry for rambling, but I would hate to see anyone else suckered into this dump. Oh and he also advertised 2 fully loaded kitchens, what a joke. The upstairs kitchen had nothing that worked not the stove or the microwave. I just found this, go to this website www.dpscs.state.md.us/sorSearch/search.do… and look at ROZELL, ROBERT ALLEN apparently the guy rents this place out to a known sex offender. It just keeps getting better.

New Cumberland, WV
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hofman Rentals

"DON'T" and I mean "DO NOT" rent from this guy. These places are dumps and thats putting it lightly! I rented the "Sunshine House" in Aug 2009 and It stunk, Was absolutely filthy, and after paying the rebt and $500 security deposit, it says in his contract that he will return the security deposit 45 days after youleave. Here its 2 1/2 months later and Hofman will not answer his cell number(410) 430-1746, won't answer emails at all, if you call his HOME # (410) 208-3040 He will tell you if you ever call that number again that you"ll be in trouble (Whaatever that means). Absolutely a pathetic business man/landlord. Save yourself the money and go somewhere else. Check the BBB, he's got complaints!!!!! Remember-"DO NOT RENT FROM HOFMAN RENTALS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danville...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hofman Rentals

Rented Almost Heaven in August 2007...

Almost died when we got there, place was filthy...just filthy. We had the bottom floor. We went as a family, and I felt awful for all the people who I talked into going with us.

Nothing was as advertised. We walked around and videotaped the place the 1st day we were there....we spent Saturday night cleaning....and we still wouldn't walk barefoot.

Took 6 months to get the SD back.

This guy owns Pino's also...think twice before eating there...

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hofman Rentals

Wow thanks for the Info...How does this person stay in business?

Yikes!!

8. Re: Hofman Rentals

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 17:49
Danville...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hofman Rentals

When you get to OC, you get your keys at Pino's from John....you turn them in at Pino's. Something goes wrong (like our air conditioner didn't work) he writes on a boxtop for a free Pino's pizza....when it takes you 6 months to get you SD back, he sends a tore off piece of paper for a free Pino's pizza.

Your business won't suffer because we refuse to hand over anymore money to the Hofmans, much like his business won't suffer because every year new people will rent from him.

It is what it is, until he can seperate one business from another, they will be lumped together.

Alot of family vacations were wrecked by this vulture....so we should give him more money because we are told the 2 businesses are run the same way...laughable at best

10. Re: Hofman Rentals

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 17:50