We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

experience with condos at oc

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
experience with condos at oc

can anyone recommend an ocean front condo in oc. i would like to stay for 5 days with about 6-8 people. I am researching this a year in advance.

if you can share any experiences or names of condos you've stayed, i'd appreciate it. also what the cost might be. thanks.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: experience with condos at oc

Here is 1 website.

oceancity.com/listings/rentals/results.php

There are others you can find with little difficulty.

Pick a couple that seem like a fit, check out the pictures of the unit, maybe get references and/or ask here. Otherwise, it is difficult to just through out names as every condo is unique.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: experience with condos at oc

Gotta watch my spelling. I meant to not throw out names.

West Mifflin PA
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: experience with condos at oc

I have always had good results with Coldwell Banker. They have a ton of properties to choose from, and most of the rentals have extensive pictures so you can see what you are getting. I also advise corresponding and getting to know one of the realtors. Mine, in particular, has been great at narrowing my decision or steering me away from properties that are not, how should I say it, as good as advertised.

Here is that website

http://www.cbvacations.com/

nj
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: experience with condos at oc

I have rented in Ocean City a lot through the years and I could be wrong but I have never seen a place that did a 5 day rental. Everything is either a mini week which is 3 or 4 days, or a week.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: experience with condos at oc

You will most likely have to book a full week and just stay the five days you want.

Try www.holidayoc.com

They have a great site for sifting through which area you are interested in, plus pictures and ratings of each unit based on a scale of 1 - 5.

We've used them for years, and have always been very happy with our choices and their service.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: experience with condos at oc

Now I am not pimping for the Marigot but since it is connected to the Clarion Hotel, I believe that it will do a 5 day rental. I know there are 2 bedroom condo and do not recall if there are 3 beds.

West Mifflin PA
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: experience with condos at oc

Thanks, momoo, for that link. I have always used Coldwell Banker and have been basically happy, but it is always good to have an alternate source. I will check them out for future years.

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: experience with condos at oc

Both websites above are excellent. If you want to rent for five nights, you will have a tough time if in high season (early June thru Labor Day). Outside of those dates will be easier. Also try www.vrbo.com.

Best oceanfront buildings with 3BR units are Golden Sands, The Plaza, The Quay, Flying Cloud, possibly Sea Watch but 8 people in those units will be very tight (2BR & Den).

On the boards the best are Belmont Towers and South Beach, but $$$. Regency or Ocean Hideaway are more reasonable (older) buildings further up the Boardwalk, but again with 8 people will be tight.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: experience with condos at oc

In the Plaza, if you have a 3-bedroom unit, you might be okay with 6 people. Last year we had a 2-bedroom with a den and we felt crowded (all adults). This year we're staying at the Sea Watch in a 4-bedroom unit. I think during the summer it is quite expensive (maybe $4,000-6,000 for the week) and I doubt they would do anything less than a week for that unit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: experience with condos at oc

Hi,

We are looking at saying in Sea Watch 800 for a week in Summer 2010. Your comment mentioned you were staying in a 4 bedroom in Sea Watch- was it unti#800? How did you like Sea Watch?

Thanks- MD