We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ITs gone

maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Topic
ITs gone

The nassau did in fact get sold and is now a giant condiminium building called "The Meridian".

www.themeridianoceanfront.com/aboutus1.html

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ITs gone

Next topic on Trip Advisor: "Hurricane Charley hits Florida", LOL.

The Nassau was demolished in 2006. Was a great place. The oceanfront building was only about 5 years old!

Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ITs gone

Yes I was surprised the Nassau got sold. After they built the new section on the beach, it was one of the best places to stay in OC. I think it even ranked as the #1 hotel on TripAdvisor for a year or 2. Strange how the #1 customer rated hotel in OC gets bought out and demolished.

YORK, PA
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ITs gone

I remember the Nassau back in the mid 1960's. We even stayed there a few times (and liked it) over the last 10 years before we bought a place. Our realtor had told us that the land alone at the Gateway Grand supposedly sold for $50-60 million. Since the Nassau owned from Coastal Hwy to the ocean, I'm sure they made out extremely well. They probably couldn't have timed the sale any better.

new jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ITs gone

The Nassau was the best place to stay in Ocean City. I always stayed there. It was owned by the nicest people. I was so upset when it was sold. I didn't know it was being sold, and I tried calling to make a reservation and the phone was disconnected. I went down that weekend, and saw the building in a pile of rubble. The Nassau sign was just sitting on the ground. What a shock!!! I stay in the condos next door to the new Meridan and went for an open house there, the condos are beautiful with a big beautiful price tag to go with it!!!

5. Re: ITs gone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations