We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commander Hotel

Delaware
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Commander Hotel

Me, the wife, kid (2 yr old), and 2 grandparents will be at the commander Hotel this saturday till next saturday. My question is how far of a walk will it be for me to carry/lug all the stuff from the hotel down to the beach for the wife, kid, and 2 grandparents? I am thinking I can get up early and take the chairs down and most likely make about 3-4 more trips back and forth to get it all there. I am hoping it is not a far walk since I will also have to lug it back at the end of each day. does anyone have any suggestions or will be there this saturday that would maybe help me out? the wife and grandparents can not help out so i am pretty much on my own.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Commander Hotel

You may want to go to the review section here at TA for the Commander and there are traveler's pictures posted there which will show you approximately at least how far from the hotel to the beach it is.

Depending where you're located at the hotel, from there you just have to cross the boardwalk, go down a few steps and you're on the beach...now where you decide to park yourself on the beach is another question as to how far you'll have to haul things...personally, I usually like to set things up half way between the water and boardwalk, that way it's not that far of a walk hauling the stuff back.

Since you say you have three to four trips to make, you may want to check and see if perhaps the Commander has complimentary beach carts for your use or looking into a place in OC to rent one for the week to haul your stuff.

I wish you the best and hope you and your family have a great trip!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Commander Hotel

The Commander location is not as far of a walk from boardwalk to water as the inlet area which seems like a mile long walk in sand. The Commander is on 14th st and the beach is much closer and you should be fine carring your gear.

If I was to guess the distance from the boardwalk to the ocean it would be about 70-80 yards in sand. The inlet area is about 150 (maybe more) yards and as you head north it gets closer.

Bring some large hand bags to pack your towels, lotion and drinks to make it easier on yourself.

Another idea is to rent chairs or umbrellas and they will carry them to your spot and set them up.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Commander Hotel

Keep in mind that since your hotel is right on the beach it will be easy to go back to your room during the day if necessary. That way you don't have to bring everything everyone might possibly have need for to the beach.

4. Re: Commander Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City