We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waffles......

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Waffles......

Coming down 12/27 - 12/30 staying at Hilton Suites and looking for a place that may serve great waffles. My fiance has been talking for a while that she would love to have waffles for breakfast one day. Was down there for the first time in June and didn't get to see too much so not real familiar with the layout. My favorite place was the Salty Dog Saloon.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waffles......

This might be a tough one. The Little House of Pancakes on 73rd St. makes good waffles, but I'm not sure if they're open off season. The Bayside Skillet on 77th serves amazing breakfasts, but I'm not sure if they serve waffles, mainly omelets and crepes. But they are exceptional.

Quite possibly, your hotel may serve them on their breakfast menu. Beyond that, I really don't know. Sorry.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Waffles......

I don't know why it is so hard to find a good waffle joint. They are some much better then pancakes yet pancakes always seem to steal the thunder. Well, I;m sure I'll find something to please her. Thanks for the info though.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waffles......

Breakfast joints are a dime a dozen in OC. But, since I am not a winter visitor don't know which one's stay open all season. Also, don't pretend to be a waffle connoisseur but my kid's have never complained at any of the usual suspects where we go for breakfast.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
473 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waffles......

When we've been down in November, the Little House of Pancakes on 73rd has been open. I can't speak for the waffles, but it is one of preferred places for breakfast.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waffles......

Maybe Happy Jacks?

2504 North Philadelphia Avenue

Ocean City, MD 21842-3436

(410) 289-7377

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waffles......

just a thought here....you're going to marry this gal & she loves waffles...why not go the extra distance & get her a waffle iron as a surprise present, & complete the surprise by serving her waffles in bed?

It's not hard to make great waffles, you can even use the premixed batter (in the refridgerated section at the grocery store in the quart containers like milk comes in) & then perhaps add some fruit (blueberries is my favorite). The only trick is knowing exactly when they're done (golden brown).

The best waffles are the ones hot off the iron with your favorite toppings applied immediately....in any restaurant there is always going to be a delay.

7. Re: Waffles......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2010, 05:15