We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two questions about Ocean City

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
198 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Two questions about Ocean City

Where can you get the best chicken wings?

and...

Where can you get internet?

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Hooters for the best wings, I know it's a chain but I love their wings.

Many hotels offer free internet but there is always McDonalds.

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Not a big Wing Eater nor a Hooters person so I'll leave that.

Internet is just about anywhere but are you looking for Wi-Fi or like a cafe or something?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
198 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Looking for somewhere to send my son (and the laptop) this weekend. He is working on a paper for school. I could send him to McDonald's - forgot about that. I didn't think hotels liked to have non guests sitting in their lobby using the wireless. Staying in a condo, not a hotel.

lcollins11@verizon.n...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

We like Smitty Mcgee's wings. They are located out on Route 54 in Delaware. As for WiFi I'm not really sure, I think some of the hotels have it and check out Mc Donalds and Burger King.

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Some rental condos may have wi-fi either in the individual unit or available in a common area. Our condo, The Quay, has an "internet cafe" on the second floor with free access, you just bring your laptop. You may find a similar situation at the building where you are staying.

As far as wings go, haven't had them in OCMD. Sorry!

Berlin, MD
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Internet - try the highrises and their internet cafes, or Panera Bread in West OC. For wings, I would have to say Buxys.

pa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Dont know about the wings.

As for internet we always take a laptop. If the building/condo does not have it I believe we connect to a local Ocean City network. It ran about $40 for the week and we paid online with a credit card. We've done this the past 4 vacations so far with no problem. Maybe contact the OC Chamber of Commerce?

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Wings...... Hooter's !!

Now if Buffalo style wings aren't wanted then try Buxy's as mentioned. They put a bbq sauce on theirs.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
473 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

There are at least two different pay Wi-Fi services in Ocean City. Before you decide on using one, make sure you connect to their home pages (where you pay) in the place in your condo where you will be using the Wi-Fi.

Last year we stayed at the Sea Watch and I had a difficult time connecting to the pay services (my computer didn't like the service that came with the unit). We stayed in one of the ocean front units, so we had a huge balcony and if I was on the northern end of the balcony/unit, I could get one service and I got a different one at the southern end. We had three other laptops with us and they all had an easier time than me.

The year before, when we stayed at the Plaza, we had absolutely no trouble using the pay Wi-Fi and getting a signal. I think the costs are less than $10/day or $40/week. It might be worth it if he will need the internet for the research part.

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two questions about Ocean City

Try Gold Coast Mall . Full of "hot" spots.

Get a soda at the coffee shop and log on.