We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Toledo, Oh
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Looking for a hotel/motel in West Ocean City. Doesn't need a lot of amenities, but MUST be clean. We know the FSK is a good option, but would rather not pay for th amenties that we won't be using.

Short suprise trip for a few days in July. We'll have our 3 year old with us..

Thoughts? Thanks!

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Comfort Suites

12718 Ocean Gateway

Ocean City, Maryland 21842

Virginia
Level Contributor
191 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

For West OC FSK and Comfort Suites are really your only options.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Everybody else already mentioned it.................Comfort Inn Suites. It's about the newest and best one there.

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

OK, I usually don't put random crap on here, but the other option is The Alamo Motel. Ask for Lefty when you book. Don't worry about paying for amenities you won't use as there are none!

Is it Clean? No way. Will it be part of a unforgettable "Surprise Trip"? You betcha....

Sorry about that. Why do you have to stay in West OC? You can probably get something in OC "proper" for similar money to Comfort Suites. With a 3 year old in tow, I am sure you will want to stay closer to the beach and Boardwalk.

Toledo, Oh
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Very funny....the Alamo--ask for Lefty...:) I've reade enough reviews to know how funny that is!

Our extended family will be camping at one of the big campgrounds and they tend to swim at Assategue instead of going up to the ocean front beach. Since we'll only be there for a few days and plan on spending the time w/the cousins, thought we'd stay closer. But looking at Comfort Inn's prices, we might just end up at on the other side of the bridge anyway!

Anyone know anything about Bedtime Inn? Can't find any reviews to see if the place is a dump!

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Here is a "wild-card" for you: The Atlantic Hotel in downtown Berlin MD. It's still relatively close to the campgrounds, Assateague etc. The recent TA reviews are strong and the rate is $105 a night on average. Could be higher in July, though. It's an old building, but Berlin is a pretty quaint town and you guys may appreciate older "charming" accomodations like those.

I'm glad you liked my sarcasm last night, LOL. When West OC comes up on here the legendary Alamo has to get an honorable mention!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

Someone wrote a review for the Bedtime Inn the other day. It ended up under the reviews for the Francis Scott Key. I am trying to have Trip Advisor create a listing for the Bedtime Inn and place this review there once the listing is created.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

I actually won a free night there during the Ocean City Insiders event this weekend. We drove past it and it looks decent. Nothing outrageously fancy. But they have basketball and tennis courts and pool tables, and an on site restaurant and bar. And they have a website.

http://www.bedtimeinn.com/

9. Re: Hotel/motel in West Ocean City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations