We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More questions!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
More questions!

So I think we have decided to try out a condo, but when working with a limited budget, you can't always get exactly what you want! One condo that we are looking at is an efficiency unit - no washer or dryer. It is around 47th street. Anyone know of any coin laundries close by?

Another condo doesn't have a pool. I know - we are going to be at the ocean, but we have a young daugher who likes to swim in the ocean, but would like a pool option if surf is rough. So is there a Y or community center or something like that with a pool that would allow us to swim for a fee? Again we are looking at condos ocean block between 40th and 50th.

I so appreciate the answers to my questions - information has been helpful as I search and plan.

Thanks!!!

JB

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More questions!

There is

Crisp & Clean Laundromat 106 64th St .

As far as a pool I would strongly recommend trying to find a place with a pool if you have kids. I know you were looking into condos or hotels and maybe a nearby hotel could help since most have a coin laundry in their building.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More questions!

If you walk into any hotel like you belong and walk into the pool, no one will bother you. I know this is the case at one hotel which I won't name in case they are watching but would be happy to provide by PM. and according to laudromatfinder.com ( who knew there was such a thing)

Crisp & Clean Laundromat 106 64th St Ocean City MD 21842 (410)524-6674

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More questions!

What exactly is your budget? Try: cbvacations.com. Click on "Search by features and amenities". Choose your cross-street, click on # of bedrooms, and click on pool. You should find several in the $800 range on the oceanside. (This means that there is not a direct beach view, but you won't have to cross Coastal Highway to get to the beach. This is often several hundred cheaper than oceanfront.)

With 2 young children, I have to say that I have found myself really using the washer and dryer in the condo, especially to dry swimming suits and towels.

You may also want to try to call a realtor--I've found them to be very nice and helpful, and not at all pushy. I guess there's not as much pressure for the hard sell in the rental markets! Even places that appear booked may still have cancellations, so if you tell them of what you want, you may get in luck.

It is nice to have a pool as a back up plan. When we have stayed bayside, we've used the pool. Oceanside, not so much!

AKRON, OHIO
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More questions!

Condo is definitely the way to go.. The longer you wait to reserve though the slimmer the pickins. I did my trip back in February & alot of condos were booked already for July. Of course we were trying to get close to boardwalk without being in the middle of it and same here we wanted the pool too. www.Seagateoc.com was very reasonable if you want to check them out. But anyhow I would book pretty soon if your gonna get what you want.. Good Luck!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More questions!

We are really trying to keep to around $1000 for the week. I checked out Seagate - very nice, but in the $1400 range for mid July. There are some nice affordable options, but like I mentioned, one that we like had a pool, but no washer/dryer. Another really nice one (Worcester House, maybe?) had a beautiful view and great amenities, but no pool. Our friends are staying around 40th oceanside, so my search is limited to that area b/c we want to be fairly close. Great condos with pool, affordable on bay side, but I understand that having to cross coastal to get to the beach is a hassle. I'll keep searching, but I know I need to decide soon before the options are even more limited.

Thanks all!

JB

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More questions!

We used to own at Wight Bay Condos at 47th Street right next to/behind the Princess Bayside hotel. It is obviously not oceanblock, but a very short walk to the beach. Some units have small washer and dryer combos, most do not, but there is a coin-op laundry room onsite. They have a nice bayfront pool too. (Condos without pools are really tough to rent and most people avoid them). It is a well-managed and maintained building; even though we are "big time" now with a 3BR oceanfront condo we do miss the place at times.

All WB units are 2 BR and 2 Bath and the rents should be about $1300 a week for peak season. May be worth a look if that is in your budget. June and late August rates will be lower. Check cbvacations.com and vrbo.com.

Oh, and we use the Crisp & Clean Laundromat every year to wash our comforters. It's in the 64th Street Plaza on the south side, next to Domino's.

Edited: 20 April 2010, 18:27
Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: More questions!

What week are you going? We stay at the Decatur House (12th & Boards) and they are reasonably priced. They have an indoor pool and W/D in the unit. Unit 504 is an ocean view unit and is closest to the front of the building. The building is on the corner of the street so the view is pretty open. $1135 is the most expensive week. They have a lot of weeks open also.

century21newhorizon.com/rental/house.html…

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More questions!

LOL, this is really weird, but we also owned in Decatur House; actually bought it after selling Wight Bay. I did not mention that as an option since you mentioned wanting to stay in the 40th to 50th street area.

By the way, I was coming back on here to report that there are also a few units available in Wight Bay for rent on holidayoc.com. Some of the units require that you call for pricing, but one of the units had July weeks open and was priced under $1000 for those weeks, which meets your budget. You will be **much** happier in a 2BR unit for a week than being crammed into an efficiency!

Blacklick, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More questions!

Since your friends are staying on 40th St. Maybe you should check out The Castle in the Sand on 38th St. They are offering great rates for July.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More questions!

Thanks again for all the responses. I did see Wight Bay in our budget, but if that is on the bayside, wouldn't that make the "trip" to the beach a little more challenging? Would we have to cross Coastal? Could we walk that with our beach stuff, or would we need to take the car? Sorry for all the questions, I just am not at all familiar and it has been many years since our one and only trip to OC.

Thanks,

JB

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City