We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

Hello OC fanatics,

We are getting ready for our trip in August. I know this topic is beat to death, but I figured I would offer up my favorites and ask a question.

The question is, have any new restaurants opened in OC this year. By this I mean any places that were closed and reopened with new management, or existing restaurants that have changed their menus, name, etc.

As for favorite restaurants, here are a few that we never miss when in OC:

For crabcakes it has to be Captains Galley II and Crabcake Factory.

Italian: Frescos

Seafood: Sunset Grille and The Shark

Ribs: Nicks over JRs for sure

Pizza: have yet to find one I like. I guess I am too picky with all the great pizza in NY!!!

Have a great summer!

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Grille
Sunset Grille
1,195 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

I've been to dead Freddy's (old Castaways spot on 64th street 3 times and have been happy all 3 times.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

Question is dude2360 is , do you remember going there? lol

maryland
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

The Captain's Table in the Marriott re- opened last year. They serve quality seafood and steaks. The food is delicious.

As far as Pizza goes...have you tried Mione's in the West Ocean City Outlets? I think their pizza is pretty darn good...not New York good...but the best around Ocean City :)

Mentioned in this post
Captain's Table
Captain's Table
506 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Mione's
Mione's
15 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
New York
New York
United States
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

I remember going there. I don't always remember leaving!!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
203 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

I second Mioni's in the West Ocean City outlet shopping center. It's definitely the closest to NY style.... and try the Greek salad too!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

I went to De Lazy Lizard this past weekend...good food, great drinks, awesome views...highly recommended.

ocean city
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

There is a new pizza place on 56th Street - Johnny's Pizza. Heard is was great, but haven't experienced it yet. Dead Freddie's just opened where the old Castaways was (which used to be Captain Bob's on 64th street). It is family friendly. If you haven't tried Macky's yet, it is one of my favorites. Located on 54th & the bay, great place to catch the sunset. De Lazy Lizard Bar & Grill just opened last week at the old site of BJ's South on 1st & Bay.... Enjoy OC!

Mentioned in this post
De Lazy Lizard Bar and Grill
De Lazy Lizard Bar and...
525 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Edgewater, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

Stop by Crazy 8's for lunch - I had their mahi tacos 2 days in a row they were so good. They are right next to K Coast surf shop on 35th street.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
357 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

We ate at the Crabcake Factory last week for the first time and I have to say that the crab cakes were the best I have ever had and being from Baltimore that is saying a lot! I didn't even have the top of the line "all Jumbo Lump" cakes, just the regular ones. Five ounces of backfin and lump, held together with little filler, seasoned and broiled to perfection. These were just great!

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Restaurants - New Additions to OC?

Reiterate Mione's Pizza in West Ocean City, run by an old Philly family. Nice fresh ingredients. I wish they would be a big more adventurous with offerings (spoiled by NYC and Philly offerings and also have lived in Italy for several years)--but I guess they are catering to the Pizza Hut crowd level of expectations. Particularly like their white pizzas but the red sauce is decent too.

Mentioned in this post
Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut
22 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City