We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

New York
Level Contributor
943 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

We're heading to Assateague State Park in a few weeks and are looking to compile a list of restaurants this side of the bridge. We eat dinner out every night but only do the boardwalk thing 2 or 3 of those nights. The Shark is already on our list but we need a few more. Thanks for all the great suggestions I kow will come :)

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

Captain's Galley (get the crabcakes) and Sunset Grille (reservations suggested) are two excellent restaurants in that area.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

All three above mentioned are great and I would add Harborside Grill for a more laid back but party atmosphere. Green Turtle west is also a decent sportsbar.

Also if you want steaks Ruth's Chris is a must.....bring $$$$.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 18:39
Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

Don't forget about Dr. Unk's. They've got a great breakfast menu as well. There's also another Pepper's Tavern in West OC (same ownership as the one on 14th St.). Of course there is Carrabba's, Outback and Sakura if you want chain restaurants. A great little pizza, sub, pasta place is Mione's in the White Marlin Mall area.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 19:25
terrapin05
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

Dr. Unk's has half-price burgers on Mondays and half-priced Reubens on Tuesdays, I believe, and they're pretty good. Good bargain.

Brooklyn, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

sounds good- i am also camping ,heading to the national seashore-but plan on eating out more than cooking(especially since i see a charcoal grill ban is in effect), so any bargains such as the half off burgers sounds great.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

Please stop at the Francis Scott Key Motel and try their Rte 50 Diner. It is just like a 50's diner and has such good food. Nothing fancy, but a good variety of sandwiches, fries, shakes and that sort. And not tons of money.

http://www.route50diner.com/

Edited: 15 July 2010, 04:48
Albany NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

Last year we got Boog's BBQ take-out from WOC. They are near the Park and Ride. They also have an area where you can eat inside. The prices were reasonable and the food good. We'll be getting BBQ from there again this year.

maryland
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

Our favorites are....

Smokers BBQ - great BBQ/ribs/smoked tuna...very casual

JJ's Pizza or Mione's for pizza

Captain's Galley for crabcakes and steamed crabs

Rice House for chinese

Green Turtle for wings/burgers only

For a special night out I would say Ruths Chris followed by Mickey Fins...although I think Mickey Fins has lost "something" since it moved out of the Francis Scott Key...but the views and drinks are really nice

Virginia
Level Contributor
191 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

I like the Rice House for sushi, too.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for restaurants this side of the bridge.

I believe JJ's pizza is way overpriced for what you get and also believe Boogs has gone downhill..... Not trying to be negative just honest- dont want people to waste there money. I would suggest all of the other previuosly mentioned restaurants with the additon to the newly opened Decatur Diner- directly across form the Greene Turtle West.