We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gateway grande

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
gateway grande

hi all! havent been on here since last yr---time flies!!! we r looking to stay the gateway grand this yr with our families....any thoughts on this place...anybody stay there?????

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gateway grande

Sorry, my budget doesn't stretch that high.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gateway grande

i know thats what i thought....but they are 3 BR so when you divide that with 3 couples its the same as we would pay anywhere for one week:) actually less!...anyway if anybody has stayed there i would love your feedback...or if u know somebody who has!!!!

thanks in advance!!!!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: gateway grande

Gateway is the best place to stay in OC but I am biased. The amenities are great and right across the street from Seacrets. If you stay in a unit facing south you have incredible views of the Ocean and Bay. Especially in the upper floors. Great layouts, great indoor pool, outdoor pool, well stocked workout room. If you can afford it it is worth it.

BTW...the 3 BR units can handle two families of 4 or 3 couples comfortably.

For more info http://www.thegatewaygrand.com/

Albany NY
Level Contributor
470 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gateway grande

Another place to consider is the Adiago at about 59th Street. They are all 3 bedroom/3 bath. Only the first three units (the ones ending in 01, 02 and 03) are ocean front, though. The rest have side views.

The prices here might be lower than the Gateway Grand or Belmont Towers. I didn't consider either of those properties (even though I wanted to) simply because the prices were more than we paid for a 4-bedroom ocean front place last year. I just couldn't make myself pay more for less.

Edited: 17 July 2010, 22:40
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: gateway grande

Depends on your definition of less is. There is a reason they are getting what they are getting at Gateway and Belmont.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gateway grande

we booked the gateway! a 3 bedroom and got a great price too....we r so very excited....we r paying less than we would at dunes hotel where we stayes(and really liked) last yr.....we have also stayed at the hilton which i didnt care for at all despite all the rave reviews....anyway we r excited---it looks amazing!

Albany NY
Level Contributor
470 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gateway grande

For me, less is fewer bedrooms, parking spaces, non-ocean front balconies, fewer amenities in the unit itself and a small balcony. Last year our ocean front balcony on the place we rented had 20+ chairs, three tables and at least four lounges on it -- along with seven sliding glass doors leading to the unit. We could have had a heck of a party out there.

I'm not interested in the building amenities that so many others want. I want a nice unit that is direct ocean front with a big balcony at a decent price with enough parking available. Unfortunately, I couldn't find either at the Belmont or Gateway Grand this year (two buildings I wished I could have found what I wanted -- I looked at a lot of units in both). Maybe in the future things will line up for us and we can stay there.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gateway grande

u should book at the dunes hotel---we love it there----u would love the small room and balcony:)

Albany NY
Level Contributor
470 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gateway grande

Believe me...last year we needed the huge place. The group included my husband and I, my parents, his parents and my brother and his wife. The place was large enough to get away from each other...which was needed by all at various times during the week! :-)

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gateway grande

gotcha---we r traveling with 3 children and my parents too----so having a large accomodation is necessary for me---for my comfort and sanity:)