We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly things?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Front Royal, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Kid friendly things?

Does anyone have any suggestions for kid friendly activities? We are going in Sept for 4 days and we have children that are 4 and <1. Thanks!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid friendly things?

Take a boat ride along Assateague and see the ponies. Plenty of kid friendly things to do on the boardwalk although you'll be hardpressed to find anything for the one <1!

Clearfield, PA
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid friendly things?

Your 4 year old may like Northside Park -on the bay side around 127th St.

It has a playground and a very nice pier to watch the sunset. Also Old Pro indoor mini golf around 68th has skeeball and a couple other things for rainy days. The indoor kids rides on the boardwalk are nice for small kids-they were open when we were there last Sept. the week before Sunfest. Enjoy your visit!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid friendly things?

there is a great place to eat on the bay with an outside playground called FISHTALES.....my kids loved it there and were 2 3 and 5 at the time...u can eat while they run around....i have found most of the places very accomodating to young children:)

Essex MD
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid friendly things?

For your 4 year old, there are four mini-playgrounds (2 are castles, one is a ship, and one is a boat and an airplane) on the beach right near the boardwalk at Fisher's popcorn, Tony's Pizza, the Plim Plaza, and the Dough Roller.

The indoor rides at Trimpers and Playland arcade are also things good for your 4 year old. The adults will probably enjoy Playland too... :O)

maryland
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid friendly things?

When my kids were little we always went to Frontier Town Water Park and/or Frontier Town Western Theme Park. The water park is just the right size for your 4 year old and your 1 year old will enjoy it as well. Check them out at...

www.frontiertown.com

Also, if you do decide to go to Fishtales (which is fun:) get there very early. Wait time can be 1-2 hours!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid friendly things?

how far is frontier town from OC??? looks cool!

Albany NY
Level Contributor
473 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid friendly things?

The Web site says that Frontier Town closes Labor Day. It is only a few minutes once you get across the bridge (maybe less than 10).

We went there every summer when I was a kid. If you are there before Labor Day, it is definitely something fun to do. I remember getting standing in line and getting deputized and being on the train and stage coach when it was robbed.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
990 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kid friendly things?

Visit the Assateague National Seashore Visitors Center--there is a large fish tank and a "touch tank" that my children love. It's free. If you go across to the island, pay the $15 for the national park and visit Old Ferry Landing. You can walk and wade right into the bay. We did the Bay Discovery program there yesterday (check at the Visitors Center to see what programs will be offered when) and caught lots of little creatures, which my 5 year old loved. The beach is beautiful there as well. Don't worry--if you drive back on the road, you will see the wild horses as well.

I also suggest Northside Park. The playground is quite large and has equipment for both toddlers and older children. People are often crabbing and fishing from the pier, and they are usually very friendly about showing what they've caught to passing children.

September is also a great time to visit Coconut Kids, a store at 75th St. They have Thomas toys and Playmobil, and will probably have their clothing on sale.

9. Re: Kid friendly things?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 05:17