We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UpstateNY
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

We are staying at the Antigua, 8500 Coastal Hwy. I was wondering if anyone knew of any beach rentals, chairs etc. to rent right on the beach?

Never been to OC so your input is appreciated. Thanks.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
203 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

During the summer, there are vendors which offer umbrellas, chairs and boogie boards for rent at every other block along the beach. You can just show up and rent them on site and the person staffing the booth will carry the items to the spot you select on the beach and set up the umbrella for you. I believe an umbrella rental is around $15/day, chairs around $8-10. You are staying at the north end of OC so I would see if anyone else posts and confirms. I stay around mid-town and the south end of OC so that is my experience. There is also a company located in Fenwick which services OC and provides beach equipment. They are Sommer Shade Beach and Bike rental. Here's the website: http://www.sommersshade.com. I do not know what their rates are.

maryland
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

Here are a couple of companies that rent beach chairs, umbrellas, linens and various other things daily and weekly. They deliver to your condo.

pmirentals.com

atozrentalservice.com

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

Thanks for the info. I remember VA Beach had the rentals right on the beach, actual "walk in" cabanas that were so nice. I will check out the links you gave me...thank you! It's our first time to OC and we are excited!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

Rentals are on the beach every few blocks so there is no problem renting. Do not know the rates as we bring our own. However, you could probably buy for less than renting and just leave them behind if it is a hassle to take with you. There is a store called ROSES on 94th St that has chairs and umbrellas at reasonable prices. It is also possible that the unit might have some beach stuff available. I have rented condos for many years and once in a while we would get lucky with stuff in the unit. Have fun!

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

Thanks tpoid3! We've always rented condos and yes, you do get lucky sometimes. I have a toddler so I like to get a cabana if possible. I rented a nice one in FL last year for about 30 bucks for the whole week. The thing I like about renting them is, the umbrellas are commercial size and much bigger than the ones you buy.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

Roses, Roses , Roses! It's much, much cheaper to buy an umbrella and a couple chairs than to rent them. And you can buy two umbrellas for $15 and if you don't want to take them home with you then for that rate just leave them in the condo for the next renter.

If you decide you just have to rent, look for the big blue boxes that line the beach. There's one every couple blocks.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

If you are staying for the week you can rent chairs, umbrellas and boggie boards for the entire week at a discounted rate, right there on the beach. Some people don't want to haul all that stuff down to the beach. If you get a good person working your block they will even have your umbrella and chairs set up when you get down there.

UpstateNY
Level Contributor
338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

I have chairs just no umbrella. And with 2 kids, sand toys, chairs, cooler and bags in tow...renting is the better option.

Armada, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

We've been going down to OC for years and years. We always rent a nice, big, sturdy umbrella from PMI rentals. $26 for the week. If you don't want to bother to pick it up (126th St and Coastal Hwy) and drop it off yourself, then they'll deliver it the day you arrive and pick it up the day you leave for an extra $13. We've always been happy with the umbrella. Back when the kids were babies, we rented their cribs, too. A to Z rentals also rents umbrellas, but they are quite a bit more expensive ($35 for the week, $20 delivery in OC).

10. Re: Beach Equipment Rentals for units on Coastal Hwy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 05:18