We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

de Lazy Lizard

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
355 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
de Lazy Lizard

This is a new place located at the end of 1st on the bayside. We saw their ad on the OC channel and decided to check it out because of the Cream of Crab Cake Soup.

The place looks brand new, although I saw on another post that this was the old BJ's South and I am not sure that is true. There is indoor/cover seating, outdoor seating, a large bar by the inlet/bay. There are dock spaces for those arriving by boat.

After a 30 minute wait, during which my wife became a Watermelon Crush fan, our party of nine was seated. Appetizers and soups were ordered, the Cream of Crab Cake did not disappoint! It was a thick cream of crab with a full 3-4 oz crab cake in the bowl. The regular crab soup was very good also as were the wings.

Main courses varied from burgers and crab cakes to fried shrimp and chicken tenders. No complaints and the burger was one of the best I have had in OC! The crab cake looked to be mostly backfin and lump with little filler.

The service was good and friendly, quick on the drink refills. The view of the sunset was great as the day faded in to night.

I think this place will do very well and expect it to be even more crowded the next time we go as it establishes it's reputation.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
355 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: de Lazy Lizard

Sorry, I didn't check to see if there was already a thread for this place before I posted my review!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: de Lazy Lizard

It is on the same site as the old BJ's South but the building is brand new. They demo'd the old BJ's a couple years ago.

3. Re: de Lazy Lizard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 08:58