We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Star Hotel

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
5 Star Hotel

Looking for a 5 Star Hotel on the water to celebrate my granddaughter's graduation along with her mom & older sister. Possibly 3 nights starting July 9. Like nice water, nice pool, great rooms, gourmet food. Any suggestions?

Also, which restaurants in the area can you recommend for gourmet type meals. Also some more casual restaurants that might be good as well.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Star Hotel

You might want to check out the TripAdvisor ranking system for OC Hotels...

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g41298-Ocean_City_Mar…

There aren't many 5-star places in OC, but I am sure you can find something to fit your needs.

There also aren't many gourmet restaurants either. But I would definitely recommend Jules, Liquid Assets, Fresco's, Reflections and Sunset Grille for upscale dining. If you can get reservations at The Grove Market, it's a unique dining experience.

You'll find plenty of casual places -- that is what OC is really about. I recommend Fishtales, Mackys, Crabcake Factory and Fager's Island.

Mentioned in this post
Liquid Assets
Liquid Assets
949 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Sunset Grille
Sunset Grille
1,207 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Grove Market
Grove Market
181 Reviews
Bishopville, MD
Fager's Island Restaurant & Bar
Fager's Island...
1,238 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Star Hotel

The nicest beach front hotel is the Hilton; the nicest bayside hotel is the Lighthouse Club at Fagers Island but I would consider either to be 5 star. Have you ever been to Ocean City? It is a wonderful place for families to vacation but it is not "posh"

Restaurants have wonderful seafood. I suggest you read some of the reviews and ask specific questions. My favorite is Liquid Assets but it is a eatery inside a liquor store. I think the best crabcakes are at Captain's

Galley, upstairs, outside on the deck.

Mentioned in this post
Fager's Island Restaurant & Bar
Fager's Island...
1,238 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Star Hotel

Lois

You are going to think I am being flip, but I am just being honest. If you are really looking for 5 star lodging, then my suggestion is to look someplace else. OC is not gourmet although there are some good restaurants. http://ococean.com/dining-and-nightlife

also Nantuckets on Fenwick Island (technically just north of OC) is excellent http://www.nantucketsrestaurant.com/

Mentioned in this post
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Star Hotel

For some really good food, some of the best places have already been mentioned. I would also reccommend the Grove Market, but you need to call about 2 weeks in advance for reservations.

Some hotels have penthouse suites on the ocean. Check the Hilton, Park Place, or Holiday Inn Suites.

And the Lighthouse Club at Fagers is amazing, but on the bay, not on the ocean. You would have to walk and cross the highway to get to the sea.

Mentioned in this post
Grove Market
Grove Market
181 Reviews
Bishopville, MD
Park Place Hotel
Park Place Hotel
501 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Star Hotel

The Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida is 5 star! Nothing in OCis but the hotel that comes closest is the Hilton.

Mentioned in this post
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Star Hotel

Don't know how you feel about Bed and Breakfasts, but OC has a lovely one called Inn on the Ocean. It is oceanfront, on the boardwalk, and very, very lovely. Here's their website.

http://innontheocean.com/

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Star Hotel

For more gourmet dining options, you may want to consider nearby Rehoboth Beach in Delaware.

Mentioned in this post
Delaware
Delaware
United States
Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 Star Hotel

The Hilton is the nicest hotel on the Beach,however, I prefer the Holiday Inn all suites because it is on the Boardwalk. If you really want a true 5 oceanfront resort you should check out the Sancturary on Kiawah Island. You would be hard pressed to find a better place on a beautiful beach and a fantastic island.

Mentioned in this post
Kiawah Island
Kiawah Island
Coastal South Carolina, SC
9. Re: 5 Star Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 06:17