We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

Staten Island, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

Hey, my friends and I are looking for a relaxing and exciting vacation close to home and we think Ocean City can be our destination. We are all 21 and will be enjoying all the nightlife OC has to offer. We have never been to OC and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to stay for our trip. We'd be going the second week in June. In other forums I see suggestions boardwalk hotels might be noisy due to the night life, but obviously that would not be a problem to us. There will be about 6 of us and we wouldn't mind staying in either a hotel or condo. We'd like to keep costs down and will have a car. We will be exploring and enjoying all that the boardwalk has to offer in terms of beaches, shopping and dining so we really would love to be in the middle of all the action. Could some one either provide me a general gist of the area or suggestions on places to stay that are close to the action I would really appreciate it :)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

You'll be there during Senior Weeks so be prepared for a lot of roudy kids and young adults.

For condo's check these sites

www.holidayoc.com

www.cbvacations.com

www.lfvacations.com

As for hotels, the lower end of the boards would be the most "in the thick of it". You can try the Tidelands Caribbean, Park Place, Comfort Inn on 5th.or the Paradise Plaza hotel. Those are all on the boardwalk. Or the Monte Carlo which is adjacent to the boards. There are tons of hotels in OC. Too many to list.

Try this web search www.ocean-city.com . Scroll down till you see the box to search for hotels and enter your dates. It will bring up a list of all hotels that are available during your available time and the location and prices.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

21 year olds might be a little disappointed "downtown" during senior week. The boardwalk is dominated by high school seniors. There are plenty of bars on and around the boardwalk including the party block on coastal highway around 17th street. Personally midtown is my favorite. For college kids and recent graduates Seacrets on 49th, Fagers on 60th,Mackeys on 54th and recent addition Dead Freddieson 64th are must sees. All are walkable from some midtown locations. Do yourself a favor and park the car for the week. Unless you wanna go to West OC or Delaware beaches you won't need it. Take the bus or a cab....especially when "enjoying all the nightlife OC has to offer".

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,190 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

All of OC is easy to navigate to and from so location is not a big worry.

Check ocean-city.com reservation page and see whats available and price. Plenty to do and see in OC, have fun.

Staten Island, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

thanks for all the input-- I'm looking at some places right now ! I'm a little disappointed to realize that it's senior week, I was hoping to beat some of that. Maybe we'll try a week earlier. Thanks everyone!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

You're still going to hit Senior Weeks . It isn't just one week in OC. It starts the end of May and runs through almost the end of June. So even if you go a week earlier you'll be in the thick of it. I'd try the fourth week of June, or the third if it has to be June.

6. Re: Where to stay in Ocean City--21 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 11:18