We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring visit, need some advice

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Spring visit, need some advice

This board was very helpful as we planned our first OC visit last year so I am back. We enjoyed it so we are hoping to plan another spring visit but it looks like our first choice the Princess Royale may be booked. Can anyone recommend something comparible? My kids loved the indoor pool which is the main reason we wanted to go back. We prefer a suite so we can spread out a bit, and don't mind driving to the boardwalk. Thanks!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

If money is not a problem I would highly recommend the Hilton on 33rd street. Great accomodations with a very nice indoor pool.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

The Holiday Inn Suites on 17th St. is ideal. Or try the Carousel Hotel. They have indoor ice skating there as well as pools, etc.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,595 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

I loved the Carousel when I was a kid. The skating rink was always so much fun!

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

Thanks for the replies. I actually looked at the Carousel but reviews about dirty/dated rooms scared me away. If anyone has recent experience and can convince me otherwise I may reconsider. Hilton and HI both look great but the rates are a little higher than we wanted to spend for an off season visit. I am not so sure we will find the affordable spring getaway we were hoping for this year.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

If you are going for a week, have you considered a condo instead of a hotel?

We found that it was less expensive for a week to do that rather than a hotel, plus the kids had their own bedroom and a place to get away from us grownups. Another advantage to condos is that you don't have to leave your uunit so the maid can clean. Plus it's more like home when you don't have to eat every meal out. We always just bought lunch meat and cheeses and stuff for breakfasts and packed a cooler to spend the day on the beach. I'd cook dinner one or two nights a week too. We always rent either through Holiday Real Estate or Coldwell Banker, but Long and Foster or Shoreline are also reputable.

Do a hotel search here. It will bring up all of the hotels that are available for the dates you need plus prices so you can easily compare:

www.ocean-city.com

or try www.ococean.com/rodney-saves for some deals as well. And if you find a hotel or two that you might be interested in, come back and ask us. We'll try and help you.

I will suggest that you try the Dunes Manor Hotel or the Dunes Motel. Both sisters are oceanfront, and at the end of the boardwalk (but not on it) and close to the tram station so you'd be able to leave your car parked and ride the tram to the amusements, etc. at the other end of the boards.

The Dunes Manor is the classier of the two. Every room is oceanfront. They have a pool, an in house restaurant, and every day they serve tea and crumpets or cookies in the lobby. Then in the evening they have sing a longs around the grand piano. Everyone is invited to join in.

The Dunes Motel is smaller, but they have efficiencies both oceanfront or poolside. The poolside rooms were just remodeled in the last year or two. I've stayed at both and have nothing bad to say about either one. Just one is a little fancier than the other. Both are CLEAN !

As for condos, we prefer mid town between 35th St to no higher than 80th St. I'm not a boardwalk person and enjoy the beach the most so that's ideal for us.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

I will also recommend Dunes Manor.

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

Thanks again for the info and all the helpful links. We were looking at the end of April but may tweak our dates. Will let you know what we decide.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

Sounds like a good idea. The end of April is Easter weekend, so it's no surprise that the Princess is booked.

Here's a list of events for May

April 29 to May 1 is the Md. Intnl. Kite Expo and the World Championship Wildfowl Carving Comptetion and Art Festival

April 30 OC MD. 5K event and Board Walkin for Pets

May 5 - 8 is Springfest (check info at www.ococean.com) This is a fun weekend.

May 19 - 22 Cruisin Ocean City ............. car show and crazy weekend but so much fun

May 28 and 29.......... Spring Arts and Craft Show

So it sounds like the weekend of May 14th is the only weekend without something going on.

9. Re: Spring visit, need some advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 11:16