We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

The SuperFresh has a "store closing" sign out front, can someone tell me what's going on over there? Is another grocery store coming in?

Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,702 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

I'm surprised Superfresh was able to maintain two stores so close together for as long as they did. Presumably those customers loyal to SuperFresh will head a mile south to 94th Street, and those looking for any big grocery close by will head a few blocks north to the Food Lion.

While it would be nice to get a Giant or Harris Teeter in OC, I can't imagine another major grocery taking the space as it exists now, given the limited size and the lousy parking. The average new grocery store today is about double the size of what it was when Gold Coast opened 30+ years ago. Could be the impetus for bringing the whole thing down and starting from scratch.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

Just think of the condo they could build on that space.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

NO MORE CONDOS PLEASE!! I hope they don't close the whole Gold Coast Mall. It's not much, but I like to browse and shop in their little stores and love the pizza at Three Brothers.

South NJ
Level Contributor
274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

"Good Riddance" as far as I am concerned. Food Lion and Harris Teeter are far superior, but you do pay a premium for the HT experience. The economy just will not support two stores so close together that are only busy three months out of the year. They closed about a dozen A & P and SuperFresh stores in PA and NJ as well this month. It's a matter of time until the whole chain goes away.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

I have to say that after visiting Harris Teeter this past year, that is where I will be doing the Saturday grocery run when we go to the beach this year. While Food Lion in OC is okay, the produce leaves a lot to be desired. I'm willing to make the drive and spend a little extra money to go to Harris Teeter. Plus, I can stop at the Blue Scoop and get some ice cream as a bonus.

7. Re: SuperFresh Gold Coast Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 16:17