We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

It's a classic...we try not to miss it.

Where's the best place to get corned beef & cabbage afterwards?

Ocean City
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

I tried the last two years, not even going to try this year. Traffic (at least coming from the north on Coastal Highway) comes to crawl well before the parade. I love to see the local entries (loved the animals from a miniature golf place on a flatbed with green decorations on them), but I left 1.5 hours early last year and got ten blocks in an hour (left 107th Steet to go south). It's great fun, so go - but leave well before the parade starts to be able to get there. Don't think the buses did much better. Maybe somebody here has some insider's info on how to better manage things.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

We were there. Great tailgating with the decent weather! Went to Seacrets afterwards and it was crazy. If you come from the north you need to get there by 10 am. Coming from the south is a piece of cake. anyone that comes from Ocean Pines or West OC should always come over route 50 bridge for St. Paddys day.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

We got breakfast at Dough Rollers on 42nd ( I think) and then just walked up to the 45th street mall where the grandstands were. After we went to Seacrets and there were more crowds there then I have seen on a summer weekend - I agree Dude it was crazy!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

It would seem the parade gets more popular every year, and maybe because last years was rained out and this year's weather was near perfect, it was hugely well attended. Got there by 10 and no traffic yet.

I've seen Seacrets get very crowded, but never like that...got tired of trying to find a bar you could get near and went in search of corned beef & cabbage.

Jordan's Rooftop had it on their marquee (for $3.95) but we were too early.

Ended up at Smitty McGee's....almost as crazy as Seacrets but got our Irish meal (didn't see anyone else partaking). They will be serving it again on the 17th for just $3.17, so I would guess that's when you'll see people eating!

Erin go braugh!

5. Re: Anybody going to the St. Paddy's Day parade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations